Petition for Old Scalp rewards!

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
langois

Re: Petition for Old Scalp rewards!

Post by langois » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:21 pm

Ragyn, Ecthus and Davor all have such bad reputations though. I need a clean slate warder who people don't associate with no talent garbage.

pial

Post by pial » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:31 pm

Paj wrote:
langois wrote: Now I'm working on a new character. I crunched the numbers and given my available play time and availability of scalps. I'm looking at the 6-8 months of playing to master a character. It's a little much when it feels like 60% of the people I fight are masters

^
this is why I cringe everytime i try playing an unclanned/non-master-clanned. I'm not that good so i can't just 'make it work' like some pros.
Yeah I think that if people who are considered competent pkers are mentioning that the qp rewards don't feel right for the effort required then we can just go ahead and assume it's a terrible experience for people who find pk a bit harder.

Hope

Post by Hope » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:34 pm

All you guys talking about mastering in 2-3 months. WtH! It took me 10 years to hit 1k qps lol.

pial

Post by pial » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:37 pm

Hope wrote:All you guys talking about mastering in 2-3 months. WtH! It took me 10 years to hit 1k qps lol.
It used to be able to be done in a month or less!

krul

Post by krul » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:52 pm

Lack of scalps wouldn't be such an issue if masters had more involvement in their clans. If it were up to me scalps would be worth very little and ranking would be done almost purely by awards.

Also it's funny, I sat on master qps for nearly two years because I didn't feel like I was good enough to deserve the tag. Then I realized no one cared..

Dreanger

Post by Dreanger » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:58 pm

Unless your clan is Ko'bal where everyone is involved in everything

Shimu

Post by Shimu » Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:46 pm

Hope wrote:All you guys talking about mastering in 2-3 months. WtH! It took me 10 years to hit 1k qps lol.
We work for a living.

Vaen

Post by Vaen » Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:15 am

krul wrote:Lack of scalps wouldn't be such an issue if masters had more involvement in their clans. If it were up to me scalps would be worth very little and ranking would be done almost purely by awards.

Also it's funny, I sat on master qps for nearly two years because I didn't feel like I was good enough to deserve the tag. Then I realized no one cared..
Nobody cares because 'clan master' has been a misnomer since the original 'master boom' back around the mid-2000s. It's a PK mud -- everybody will want bonuses to be competitive and you can't reasonably blame them for it. But not everybody is capable or built for leadership. There could be 10 masters in a clan, but really, there are maybe a handful of people in the history of this game that can be defined as 'clan leaders'. And a bunch of them are actually pretty bad PKers who did a great job as leaders because that's what they wanted to do -- nothing against that either.

As far as the idea to take away damage for masters -- I'm not sure I could think of a more self-serving outcome if I wanted to. What this game needs is more damage, not less. Between stats, maps, equipment, new horses, vials, etc. this game is still built to be easier for survival if that's what you want to do. If we can't go ahead and do something to normalize all damage up to what master damage is at the moment (which would be heavy coding), it's a far better outcome to make mastering more feasible via higher scalp awards (which is not coding) than it is to effectively reduce damage output across the game.

Not that we should use how long it takes Langwa to get master as a baseline, since he sucks.

Orino

Post by Orino » Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:34 pm

I'm having trouble thinking clearly on this subject.

Like Hope, after a long period of time, I finally mastered a character. I don't see myself mastering another any time soon, or even going for rank 8 with Orino at the current scalp turn in ratio. It is very difficult to get a scalp on LS in north PK. I am hoping we change back to 3, 5, 7.

This was mentioned earlier, and I want to bring it back up. Make a permanent master mob barracks up north. I would love easier access to a mob. BE is so very far away. Elmora is so very far away. SouthWest zones and SS pk is dead.

Could a few clan mobs load around shady/fblands or dusty. DS can grab mobs from camp. I just think its fair. I also think this would be fun! Let us grab a solo mob without the risk of losing QP to help with pk. Make it a month change to try? Load them in a door near DF rent NW of FD?

Also, it was mentioned earlier and nobody jumped on it. Make flails/whips/scourges/etc field mend-able. Waiting 14 tics to mend a weapon is ridiculous when time is already limited here. A scourge can actually bash things. I think they would be great for pk, if field mend-able.

Also, why is there such a long wait for hone/hardening weapons?

I have limited time to play, and most times I'm on a treadmill or distracted. I think the above ideas would be helpful in the limited time some of us have to play.

One more thing! I have like 6-7 clanned characters that don't have specific clan forum access. Is there an easy way to make this happen? I can never find council in game...

Orino

Vivienne

Post by Vivienne » Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:44 pm

Hello happy people! I need everyone to stay on track for this topic, in which I have asked you to give pro and con bullet points for scalp awards changing or not. That's the scope of the discussion that caught my interest. Not looking for alternatives, or code based changes, or anything else - just tell me why (or why not) you have a stance on this and make it topical to game health instead of personal gain. Thank you to everyone who has stayed on topic so far. I'll be locking this thread on Sunday night so get me your pros and cons by then, or forever hold your peace.