Petition for Old Scalp rewards!

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Rig

Re: Petition for Old Scalp rewards!

Post by Rig » Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:47 am

Lol. I play for fun. But how often do you see people bitching about not getting a scalp or whatever ect? It's goal oriented and when you spend the last 2 hours trying to accomplish said goal, and get nothing to show for it, it gets frustrating. I think that upping the qp rewards from pk will be good for everyone with the player base as small as it is. It takes a lot of time to do most things now and shortening some of these things a tiny bit would be awesome. It's like all these zones that nobody goes into anymore because we don't have the player base to have an active amount of people exploring these zones ect.

And most, not all, either play to
A: PK
Or
B: Role play

There are definitely some who come for the social aspect to talk to people and hang with their buds and explore.

This learning curve about pking masters and remorts all the time can be helped by shortening the time it would normally take someone to master by adding a few more qps to things like pk awards. Thus helping them master a lot quicker than they normally would. Of course we could just do away with master damage and/or postures but I don't see that happening anytime soon.

I actually like Razhak's thinking with a point system and splitting up the r8 bonuses around r7 and r8, creating custom masters for everyone.

Razhak

Post by Razhak » Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:59 am

the more I think about it, the more I like it.

remove master postures alltogether. Dont replace them with anything other then rank 8 bonusses (then split into a rank 7 and a rank 8 part)

Leave the current rank 8 bonus in place, give rank 7s the weapon and the mob lead, thus forcing masters to think about what they want their characters to be able to do (instead of the swiss army knife solution that posture are, they make your master good at everything).

Then leave all the other stuff from the new bonusses for rank 8.

You can then actually balance weapons (no more master postures to mess them up, only master weapons based on said basic weapons with some tics added). You can then balance abs and dodge. You get more customised masters this way, instead of jack-of-all-trades

You would offcourse have to include fades and DS clans if implementing this

Rig

Post by Rig » Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:05 am

+1 to what Razhak said.
#Razhak4Prez

Sarryn

Post by Sarryn » Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:15 am

I agree with the upping of scalp rewards for sure. It is fairly hard to master now days compared to past times. I remember mastering multiple people in a month-2months tops. Now you gotta be fed by bros and hos to accomplish such a thing easily. The rank 8 bonuses are another reason to up them honestly. Now people like myself who had 0 desire to take a scalp unless no one else needed, will want one. I mean who wouldn't want the new bonus's there pretty nice and fairly balanced. But ugg so much effort to get.

As to the master thing I've said it time and time again. The main problem with mastering is the damage. I really hate this type of pk bonus's. Damage and zerk attack are so gd powerful. I play a lot of non masters lately because of my link being dung now. It's a big difference facing masters all the time. It's not like you can't overcome it or anything. But it is a steep slope. I've said it before and will say it again. Either remove postures or alter them. Mastering should only get you a leadable mob and a choice of the defense or the ob bonus. That's it. And that is plenty, we don't need zerk attack and damage to make the elite more elite. Let them choose to be either more offensive or defensive with the ob/pb gains.

Maegon

Post by Maegon » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:30 am

Razhak wrote:remove master postures alltogether. Dont replace them with anything other then rank 8 bonusses (then split into a rank 7 and a rank 8 part)

Leave the current rank 8 bonus in place, give rank 7s the weapon and the mob lead, thus forcing masters to think about what they want their characters to be able to do (instead of the swiss army knife solution that posture are, they make your master good at everything).

Then leave all the other stuff from the new bonusses for rank 8.
Just in case this discussion ever gains traction, please don't give the weapon option at r7. Having a bunch of no pickup weapons that have to be custom made would be a huge pain, not to mention people gravitate to playing the same, most effective weapons already. Having points that you could spend on 2 postures and mob lead, or 1 posture, mob lead, and eq retool, or 1 posture, no drink, 10 sps would be more varied.

arkaza

Post by arkaza » Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:44 pm

I have zero desire to play after the rank 8 imps, solely because of scalps. +10 to greed mode. -30 to fun.

pial

Post by pial » Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:54 pm

arkaza wrote:I have zero desire to play after the rank 8 imps, solely because of scalps. +10 to greed mode. -30 to fun.
This is especially the case on darkside, it feels like between newb fades and dreadlords ranking up, people trying to fade, people going for rank 8, the unclanned people there's not many scalps to go around! At least with the old ways you could raid easier but raiding south without a fade or dreadlord for moves takes way too much time.

Rank 8 makes it bad on ls as well!

langois

Post by langois » Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:56 pm

Back in the heyday, before scalp rewards were changed I remember pking solo on stabby Lang and having 50-70 qp on me from a couple hours of fun.

12 bits, scalps and heads wasn't uncommon.

Now I'm working on a new character. I crunched the numbers and given my available play time and availability of scalps. I'm looking at the 6-8 months of playing to master a character. It's a little much when it feels like 60% of the people I fight are masters

Astolfo

Post by Astolfo » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:05 pm

Langwa is trying to master a fourth Warder. We won't let him!

Paj

Post by Paj » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:20 pm

langois wrote: Now I'm working on a new character. I crunched the numbers and given my available play time and availability of scalps. I'm looking at the 6-8 months of playing to master a character. It's a little much when it feels like 60% of the people I fight are masters

^
this is why I cringe everytime i try playing an unclanned/non-master-clanned. I'm not that good so i can't just 'make it work' like some pros.