Regarding recent remort changes!

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
pial

Re: Regarding recent remort changes!

Post by pial » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:06 pm

All these goons too afraid to put their name on their opinion! Also, pretty sure Lykan orchestrated this so as to not allow me to play a rogue.

Tempest

Post by Tempest » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:11 pm

I've said it all along, Lykan = Illuminati

Eol

Post by Eol » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:37 pm

People are going to continue to make rogues regardless of what happens here because its the most viable way to stab other than wolfbrother. They just won't have the fade pathway. I won't waste my time getting into how stupid the idea of greymen is (or how tone deaf the players advocating it are). A shortage on coding means that even though we can't fix old bad ideas there's a limit on the implementation of new bad ideas.

Tarkon Viera

Post by Tarkon Viera » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:39 pm

Ogier were very close to being done. Just got back burnered. Maybe if we had more than one coder or stopped running them off we might get something done. And there are coders out there if you just make an effort to find them
Last edited by Tarkon Viera on Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rark

Post by Rark » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:44 pm

Tarkon Viera wrote:Ogier were very close to being done. JUst got back burnered
fairly sure it was super bugged, at least for PK

Tarkon Viera

Post by Tarkon Viera » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:03 pm

the only thing that was bugged was the communication channels from what i was told by the forrester clan imm. who is mia now

Vivienne

Post by Vivienne » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:12 pm

There were three things bugged with Ogier:

1) The communication channel was being shared with the Fades. That's a problem in general.
2) Occasionally instead of seeing "Fender the Ogier" the return feed players would see was " . the Ogier". We thought that even though it was rare to see, it could really wreak havoc especially in PK.
3) The Ogier max stat for Strength was occasionally slipping back to original player stats - ie, on the remort the 21 strength was reverting to 17 or 18 or 19 a few days later.

Otherwise everything on that was working great. We just need Flash to fix those items.

Zarth

Post by Zarth » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:51 pm

I think this is a bad change. It was a bad change when Hress was dechosened for stabbing and this is even worse. Most of the complaints about letting rogues fade before wasn't that rogues shouldn't be allowed to fade, it was that the alt qp system was grossly unbalanced for stabbers who could solo smobs.

Wallace Del'Sol

Post by Wallace Del'Sol » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:03 pm

as always with this game richest get richer

Zeeb

Post by Zeeb » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:13 pm

I think variety is good, I've had a ton of fun raiding on trolloc rogue and also plenty of fun killing and dieing to other trolloc rogues (probably more then 10 times in hidden by Lykan) ;p

Where rogues absolutely are worthless is just in N PK, and if anything I would think maybe an internal conference telling fades that if they want to be stab they need to hunt south of Tar Valon or something...Hress for example spent most of his time lurking around down south, creating pk, disrupting SS PK, Etc. I never saw that as bad role-play, and honestly my ideal vision of a fade is Smasher with I think an axe and armor and also a dagger for starting/finishing kills. Just so bad ass.

Anyway, I'm going to agree with Zarth. Sure I agree, but it seems a little weird for immortals to police it.