Regarding recent remort changes!

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Lykan

Re: Regarding recent remort changes!

Post by Lykan » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:57 pm

Please stop citing me as an argument against something I've so longly and fully supported :p

This has been petitioned for for years, stop whining. Your arguments about channelers make no sense whatsoever, your arguments about fades needing to stab to smob is hilarious, but your best argument is that bashy trolls are the real problem here. Also gotta love the random LS guy saying Chosen should do it. Go make a (non-ko) trolloc, make a fade, get into Chosen and then make all the seemingly easy changes you desire.

Post by Guest » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:59 pm

Clearly Tempest can't fathom that fades shouldn't be stab. For someone who says he doesn't care he seems to be the biggest one fighting this. And yes I personally do believe fades should be stuck to blades rpishly. And that can even be a combo of longs/shorts for the attack. 0 grounds for them to go around sneakily stabbing people doing there own thing. You will never win that argument period. It doesn't matter if some ko'bal have become good to great leaders. The fact remains they shouldn't even have the ability to stab or charge. I'd totally be down with them only using a form of blades. Aka longs meds fencing shorts (but only for melee obviously on shorts) But that might be taking it a bit to far.

Fades should not be able to charge or stab period. There's nothing that supports it. It's an incredible oversight for ages that's been ignored. The Imms did that, no one else. I love our imms but this one is completely on them. I've stated above what they should do to rectify there shortcoming. They do need to offer something to these people that only went for stab playstyle as a fade. Be it grey man or revert back into a rank 8 with a couple stats moved around.

The whole rogues can't become fades it absolutely the most idiotic thing ever.. The only thing I will support is the complete removal of stab and or charge from fades. In my mind dreadlords need to be added as well but whatever there, baby steps. It's completely good enough for imms or chosen whatever to enforce this. You don't get to practice stab or charge wow that's done. You still can remort as a rogue, never should be changed. But you lose your selfish ass skill. If you want to keep it be rank 8 or imms need to get there but in gear and do grey man. Compensation should be in order. Nothing should have to be obtained either for it. This is something you allowed out of complete oversight. Be fair and offer them choices to revert etc.

Tempest

Post by Tempest » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:00 pm

This coming from the guy that remorted twice through Ko'bal? Its all good when you got your stuff done but now you want to handicap other players?

I'd like to see anyone try and remort now on a non rogue in under a year or hell even 2 years. (Would be interesting to see if the game is still playable in 2 years)

Chosen is a joke anyway, you have had multiple candidates that are more than suited for the job, but your petty views and personal opinions get in the way of anyone being able to get in

Post by Guest » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:04 pm

Seems to me your issue here is kind of the ability to remort from a rogue being changed. Which I 100% agree with is one of the most idiotic things. I can understand the view point to a degree. Given fades are leaders and you don't learn that ability as well being a rogue. This issue is separate from fades being able to stab. This issue is kind of stupid and I will agree with Tempest on that. At least that's what I can take from his argument since he keeps posting examples of ko'bal becoming leaders. If it's not then I have nfc what his issue is.

moric

Post by moric » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:09 pm

I'm not some random LS guy! I'm very important.

Tempest

Post by Tempest » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:10 pm

I got an idea Lykan, how about we defade anyone that has remorted from a rogue, cause according to you and whoever up there, we are all rubbish. I'll put my hand up for this, I reached my goal after 15 years of playing this game, I could quite happily quit tomorrow.

Lykan

Post by Lykan » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:23 pm

You're right, this is a conspiracy I concocted and I am out to get you! Damnit, how did you figure out my master plan?

Yes, I've remorted two trollocs and both were from Ko'bal. But even back when I did it the 1st time, there was talk of disallowing DS rogues from remorting and I thought it made sense. If it would've happened, I would've just played something else and kept playing my rogues when I felt like playing a rogue. Bottom line is rogues are pretty boring most of the time, but were the quickest/easiest way to fade. Lykan I faded basically as an aside, mostly during the smobberfade generation when it was a broken system that catered to stabbers tremendously. Anyways, I digress...this isn't about me or my supposed vendettas, I just asked you to stop using me as an argument for things I've disagreed with for years.

P.S. I'm sure Razhak would support your defading plan :) And I really don't care too much either way. And who gave you access to Chosen forums? You weren't supposed to know that I alone decide who gets clanned.

OtherGuest

Post by OtherGuest » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:25 pm

LYKAN is a horrible leader. He should be de-faded so Tempest can fill his shoes.

Rig

Post by Rig » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:34 pm

I think leading as a rogue makes you better in some aspects! What's the difference between a hunter and a rogue leading? Auto-track? All trolls have smells, and the only thing auto track helps with is following people to where they are going and seeing where they went. Smells works the same! Track probably helps chase too, but as a rogue who leads, not having auto track helps you move faster and quicker while chasing because you start to think about where your enemies are going before they do. I've been playing mainly melee set ups (until recently because I wanted to try out stab with a triple bladed) and it has no effect on anything other than the fact I'm not gonna try a ballsy stab every so often.

I lead a lot when no fades and better leaders are on! When there are better leaders, I let them take the reigns. Not gonna act like I am the best! But rogues have no problems with leading than any other class.

The problem is Ko'bal. Nobody likes it when we open up or clan. Nobody likes Ko'bal except Ko'bal.
Edit: And I'm not saying that the whole problem is Ko'bal, but this seems like a big thing to stop us from clanning because nobody likes it. I will clan whoever the firetruck I want when I want :P

A random

Post by A random » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:01 pm

Side track! +1 on the clanning whoever Rig, wish more people weren't so petty, friends only in there clans. Game probably would of had more players left.