Regarding recent remort changes!

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Rig

Regarding recent remort changes!

Post by Rig » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:27 pm

As much as I agree with this, I also disagree with some of it! Fades and WB's are like the ultimate stabbers. Should be able to do it if they want, and seeing as only a very few of the active fades are even stab, shouldn't affect them! If were are suddenly gonna just drop this bomb we need to offer these people who wish to continue playing stab something! Kinda fucked up to just drop the bomb out of nowhere on people who have and are worked on being and becoming remorts!

End of Rant! I don't really care because I fkin hate stab! Just pointing out its kinda fucked.

Killjoy

Re: Regarding recent remort changes!

Post by Killjoy » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:30 pm

If this is the route your gonna take why even offer the rogue class anymore. You have already done everything to force ds clans to not clan rogues.

Another nail in this games coffin.

Spyder

Post by Spyder » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:37 pm

Inb4 "stop being a whiner"

What will be the punishments for not adhereing to these "rules"? Are you going to defade us for playing a setup which the class is geared for after having an afterthought about it?

Immortals should have addresed this prior to allowing a player to remort, had i personally known 8 months after remorting that i would not be allowed to play my favourite setup i would not have asked to be a fade but rather a dreadguard.

Are you guys intentionally trying to drive those players who enjoy stab away? I spent multiple chits to get my character setup how i wanted it and now im to be told I have to play a setups that I don't really enjoy?

Are we going to see some reciprocal actions from imms for changing long standing rules at a moments notice? Last i checked theres 2-3 of us that stab, myself and scizzor namely, pretty sure he wouldnt be a fade if he was given the chance now after this bombshell?

/end rant
Last edited by Spyder on Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tempest

Post by Tempest » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:42 pm

I get what you guys are trying to do, but there are people that have spent many years to be able to remort into fade and be able to have the freedom to prac what they want, there is currently 2 stabbing fades, only 2 and one of them is stab for the main reason during his times of play, there is rarely pk and being stab makes it easy for him to go do stuff.

I remorted as a rogue and i lead quite a bit, so this argument is kinda confusing me and i may still be on shaky new fade legs, but my leading isn't so bad as a result of me being a Ko'bal. I dont think there is a rogue epidemic problem in pk as much as there is a channie one. Sometimes you get a group of channies, sometimes they are rogues, sometimes they are warriors. I just think this whole thing is a scapegoat to blame what really is the problem with pk, our lack of numbers.

Dictating how people should play their characters is just going to drive more people away from this game and we cant afford that.

Are we going to stop channies from using contagion and chill next?

jakd

Post by jakd » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:46 pm

I didn't plan to take Jakd remort. So this does not have any affect on me... but it does affect those who have put in a ton of time and effort in this game to get where they are now.

I hate that this rule was put in place to hand hold a certain few that dislike rogues up north. This rule was not put in place over a majority of people wanting it. It was put in place by a certain few who who cry about rogues or that playstyle.

Our player base is already dwindling. Why make a rule that limits how a character is played? This does not accomplish anything for the game as a whole in my opinion.

pial

Post by pial » Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:57 pm

I think it's a bad precedent to set, that being a few players can dictate how other people play their characters or what characters they can play. DS rogues are annoying of course but the precedent is disconcerting and the reasoning isn't really that great.

Yeri

Post by Yeri » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:03 am

Are we really having this argument?

Look, I don't really have a horse in this race anymore, I'm mostly on for clan stuff and haven't PKed in ages. But this has been a discussion we've had for years and years. We've talked about how fades should be leaders and not just stabbing randomly as per the RP of DS general. Heck, Ko'bal has been closed a bunch of times (is it still?) deliberately to, as has been said, dictate how other people play their characters so there wouldn't be as many rogues in PK. We've had lots of threads over the years about how to avoid lots of annoying stab PK that the class may be amazing at but isn't something that's all that interesting for everyone else to play with. I'm a little surprised at the rule since it seems a little out of the blue, but it's not a rule whose reasoning is surprising, just that after ten years of talking about it something actually happened.

Oh, and Tempest - channies are already stopped from using contagion, chill is a 50/50 shot depending on who you're PKing. Not any Imm-led rule, just the usual stuff we all use to enforce good PK (see: ambush, gratuitous horse stabbing, gratuitous gleamer usage, incin before it had a roomwide message) by leaving whenever it's used. The only cases where it (and most other status weaves, including slow, poison, blind, deafen/silence) are really 'allowed' are in doors where you can't just leave PK.

Post by Guest » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:09 am

Really sticking it to stabbers aren't they. Making it so you cant roll on engaged targets and making rooms harder to hide in... Now this? Always felt like players could overcome changes like that and still enjoy their characters here. But drastic red tape like this on a dwindling player base? Lets brain storm some things that are probably on the chopping block as well? Always enjoyed playing this game but its going too far dictating what setups players can or cant go... Thats not a game i'd like to play anymore. Bummer is all I can say. Lets get rid of channies in pk while we're at it? Watching the staff mandate changes like this tells me that players are in store for a heck of a lot more of this kinda stuff to come. Always liked this game for freedom of choice but you'd think the government came in and took over the game at this point...

guhadin

Post by guhadin » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:25 am

Great change. I probably would have included all clanned rogues rather than current masters but, for me personally, it's a wash. Always felt that fading should be about leading rather than solo PK, solo smobbing, etc.

For whatever it's worth, I would also happily get my class changed to a hunter if that offer was made to clanned rogues 8-)

Rig

Post by Rig » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:35 am

Yeri wrote:Are we really having this argument?

Look, I don't really have a horse in this race anymore, I'm mostly on for clan stuff and haven't PKed in ages.

Oh, and Tempest - channies are already stopped from using contagion, chill is a 50/50 shot depending on who you're PKing. Not any Imm-led rule, just the usual stuff we all use to enforce good PK (see: ambush, gratuitous horse stabbing, gratuitous gleamer usage, incin before it had a roomwide message) by leaving whenever it's used. The only cases where it (and most other status weaves, including slow, poison, blind, deafen/silence) are really 'allowed' are in doors where you can't just leave PK.
Pk more? Nobody polices these things anymore and there is plenty of contagion, blind, chilling, fear, ect going around.