Philosophies of Time!

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Rig

Philosophies of Time!

Post by Rig » Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:28 am

Okay I'm really fucked up right now. BUT. This is where we will speak about our theories of time travel! Someone start!

Alison

Re: Philosophies of Time!

Post by Alison » Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:19 am

Firstly - nice topic

TIme travel is one of my interests. What is the most important aspect of time travel that fascinates me is that there are so many theories out there
in the world, but none of it is proven. Take einsteins relativity theory. take daily life moving from one min to the next min. Even take
Anthony roberts ' perception that time is emotion and what do you get.

A lot of stuff that can mess with anyone's brain for hours.

I just think that if time travel is possible. Then why would anyone from the future come to this time? What makes 2016 so amazing? Special?
They already know who wins the elections. They already know the movies, series that are going to start for us.

Anyways thats my small rambling for the day.

Chiron

Post by Chiron » Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:13 am

If anyone had gone in the past, things would already be changed and we wouldn't know it.

Or if you did know you sent someone in the past, the change is so inconsequential that it had no effect. I.e they sent people back to become Hobos and nascar fans.

Iloverig

Post by Iloverig » Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:30 pm

Delorean

arkaza

Post by arkaza » Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:57 pm

Time is a human construct.

Rig

Post by Rig » Sun Jul 24, 2016 3:33 pm

Iloverig wrote:Delorean
I love this guy.

Tempest

Post by Tempest » Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:24 pm

Read the latest research on the shape of a nucleus, its not symmetrical as they thought, its pear shaped, so time travel is probably impossible

Aira

Post by Aira » Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:30 pm

Tempest wrote:Read the latest research on the shape of a nucleus, its not symmetrical as they thought, its pear shaped, so time travel is probably impossible
I read that too, but it was slightly beyond me why. I got as far that they suspect that the pear shape is some sort of tail that indicates the direction of time. The internet is great for learning new things. It's apparently also great for learning you're too stupid for some stuff. :oops:

Also in relation to this, I read something about the grandfather paradox a while back. If you were to travel back in time and killed your grandfather before he conceived your father, would you still exist? One idea is that the murder would spawn an alternate paralel timeline. The other idea was that because of multiverses, there are infinite possibilities, somehow you would still be born as is. Although that seems hard, genetically speaking, but I suppose somehow, somewhere that might be possible.

arkaza

Post by arkaza » Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:24 pm

Well the best theory is tjat Jet Li movie, mainly cause it would be auper awesome to hop dimensions and kill yourself to become more powerful! In real life? Its probably just rick and morty.

Jomin

Post by Jomin » Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:40 pm

How does anyone else feel about the Trousers of Time envisaged by Terry Prachett in several of his Disc World novels?