What would make people play LS again?

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Mantorok

What would make people play LS again?

Post by Mantorok » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:09 pm

Right now, Lightside is far, far more dead than it should be since it's the main faction of the game. While I love Darkside, and I tolerate Seanchan side, often there will be more on DS than all of LS + SS. That is an issue.

I've been trying to come up with ways to bring people to LS, either from the other sides or bringing people back/giving it a draw over the other sides for new players. Strangely, DS is the most new player friendly side atm by far, for ease of statting, access to gear, and helpful people surrounding you.

Elysia did the +1 to any multiplier, but I for one feel that exp multipliers are far too short term to have an impact on player numbers. Yet this brings me to a wall.

What could we do to get people to play Light side? I try hard to be social, but often it turns into my talking to myself. I gear new people and those in need, and I'm always around to answer questions people have about stuff.

What more can we do?

Tempest

Re: What would make people play LS again?

Post by Tempest » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:17 pm

Cant speak for anyone else, but DS is my home, and while i enjoy my time on LS, I am a darksider at heart and will always be my first choice to log on.

Mantorok

Post by Mantorok » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:38 pm

Tempest wrote:Cant speak for anyone else, but DS is my home, and while i enjoy my time on LS, I am a darksider at heart and will always be my first choice to log on.
I respect that. I am just wondering what can be done to bring in the people who used to play LS heavily, or people that swap between sides often. I love DS, even if I have never established myself over there. It's got the social aspect LS used to have.

pial

Post by pial » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:41 pm

I try to log on whatever side has less!

Tempest

Post by Tempest » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:46 pm

Pial been playing ds lately, watch LS numbers skyrocket ;)

pial

Post by pial » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:48 pm

Plz, were like 5 ds when I logged on and ended with like 15! I get the people going! I bring in the masses! I rouse the rabble!

Rig

Post by Rig » Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:45 pm

As much as I hate to admit, Pial is the only person who dung talks me back and then makes everyone stay logged to listen to our very intellectual debates as to why I am terrible.

Spyder

Post by Spyder » Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:03 pm

Tempest wrote:Cant speak for anyone else, but DS is my home, and while i enjoy my time on LS, I am a darksider at heart and will always be my first choice to log on.
I feel this sums up my feelings pretty closely. DS is home and much more of a family than LS will ever be to me. DS (one purpose, one goal) versus LS (many factions and many opposing goals). That and the globals channels are a buzz when 5 are on DS and dead AF when 10-15 are on LS.

I felt a great example of why LS is failing is just due to the way players interact with the suspicions of foul (murderers/sameside) playing LS brings. I know this is one of the major parts of LS but it also means people don't trust each other and are less likely to engage in friendly activities.

I can't speak for anyone but myself and what little I see daily. The best people to ask are players like Smoker who seems to really have taken to DS over LS.

At this stage an enjoyable and enticing environment can only be created by the players themselves, our immortals are worked to the limit as it is.

Maybe its time for LS leaders to push yourselves to smob even when you personally don't need the equipment, help a player exp even if you are 51 and don't need to level alts, grab a newbie or someone you dont usually play with and take them on a gold run or something! Perhaps try making some fun games like giving a prize to a player who brings you xxxxx. I've found doing things like this on DS really helps others make friends, learn zones, get levels and it gets them feeling like they're apart of the DS team.

You can back and forth all day about why LS is failing but the power to make the side enjoyable rests on the people who play LS the most, we wont see coding changes anytime soon and Elysia and co are doing what they can whenever they can.

Rig

Post by Rig » Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:39 pm

What Spyder said. I played ls for a year and a half before even giving ds a try. I tried to communicate and be global and start conversations but somehow I was the asshole who just talked too much! I mean I guess I kinda am. But not the point, I rarely see ls engage in any conversation over globals when I'm on ls.

Example to what Spyder said exp-wise.
Equitant was lvl 51 and he was going around helping everyone exp yesterday during the 10x and 3x ect. We all talk dung on narrates and all mess with each other and it's just a great time. At least Pial chortlesnorfling talks to you people on ls, even if he's an ass <3.

arkaza

Post by arkaza » Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:17 pm

It's actually the opposite of what spyder said. Yhe reason everyone used to play LS is because of all the unique faction opportunities and murderers. You never knew what was going to happen so the game was always interesting. Anything that took away the mystery of LS took away reasons to play the side.

LS was also about smobbing and getting eq. When gear became so easy to get, there was no reason to pick LS over he others.

Plus a bunch more stuff, but im tired of typing.