Lightside 6+ months on.

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Spyder

Lightside 6+ months on.

Post by Spyder » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:29 pm

At the end of 2015 I made a post about what players thought would be fun to do on LS. I've had 6 months to try the side out and I thought I would try to give a little feedback.

The experience has been pretty positive for the most part, despite being apprehensive in the beginning. I've made some new friends and understand the dynamics behind channelers a lot better.

Some positive things about LS.

1. Horses. Holy dung infinite moves, i was missing out before horsehopping.

2. Multiple pk fronts! Having 2 places to go to find pk makes the side a bit more inviting for me personally.

3. Smobbing. Just the variety of available hits is great, coupled with horsehopping it's been a blast.

4. Players. Met some really awesome people, shame i hadn't met a few of them sooner! Some extremely helpful players who go out of their way to help newbs (Manty/Weir/Pajana).

5. Questing. Any kind of global quest seemed a bit more enjoyable for me on LS. Perhaps this was in part due to the novelty it, and more players!

Some not so positive things.

1. Communication. Just in general, LS seems to lack communication on globals A LOT and it seems to be even worse in pk. Seeing now why DS can roll over LS unless there is a solid leader on LS.

2. Politics. Still new to me, having a group in FD not be able to follow each other is frustratingly annoying. I guess this is part of the process/ls rp but LS screws themselves so often by not working together or bitching at each other over pointless stuff while pk is 2 rooms away.

3. Teamwork. Always was told DS were better at it, I don't feel that is the case. They just do it more frequently, perhaps just due to built in hierarchy. The number of pk sessions where DS groups and LS doesn't and gets smacked was a bit of an eye opener.

4. Duty of care to fallen comrades. Perhaps this is just me personally, when we have pk and a trolloc or 2 dies DS seems to be able to back up and quickly hit a couple of smobs to at least give the dead some basics and incentive to pk more often than not. Saddens me to see pk sessions (not all of them) on LS where a few die, the ds gear gets split and the dead get left with the shaft. This has to be my biggest gripe with the side and the only thing that actively makes me want to avoid LS at times. I think something akin to SK in dog or dhs zone would really help out after pk, though everyone has to want to help out still.

As a final note, I have really enjoyed my time on LS, I even made a few of you play DS :). Just wanted to say thanks to those that helped me (Santino/Paj). Being honest about what's good and bad helped me have a pretty good overall experience.

Truth is, Rig is annoying AF! Getting away from him onto LS has been....refreshing!

Rig

Re: Lightside 6+ months on.

Post by Rig » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:43 pm

#SPACEPANTS

That Guy

Post by That Guy » Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:33 am

So that is why LS started to go downhill 6 months ago...

Mantorok

Post by Mantorok » Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:51 am

That Guy wrote:So that is why LS started to go downhill 6 months ago...
No, that's when Pial started playing again.

Spyder

Post by Spyder » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:38 pm

That Guy wrote:So that is why LS started to go downhill 6 months ago...
I'm flattered you feel I am singularly responsible, guess I'm still doing the Great Lords bidding no matter the side!