What do you miss about being a newbie?

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Mantorok

What do you miss about being a newbie?

Post by Mantorok » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:22 pm

I love that some of the stuff that was so common place still happens today to new players, such as the bloody half-troll east of Whitebridge. Or the damn Deathtrap north of Caemlyn under the bridge.

But I miss the mystery and scope. Amador used to feel like such a huge distance to me from Caemlyn where I hung out, to the point I was shocked when Static asked me to do something by there. Even then, going between Caemlyn and Whitebridge was often dangerous. Whole map was chaotic and I loved it immensely once I got used to death being so prominent a part of the game.

I miss when exping was something I found fun. I remember fondly going Lugard plains with 3 other people grouped (shout out to Mesadryn, Doa, and Calamity) and just joking around for half an hour as we killed stuff. The exp sucked, sure, but we had a blast. I think I learned how to use the emote command that day, too.

And I miss when people who were 51 seemed like leviathans to my below level 30 self! Enthor was the first level 51 I hung out with and he even rescued my gear free of charge when I died west Lugard. At least I didn't die trying to swim the river that time. Had that happen a couple times.

Re: What do you miss about being a newbie?

Post by Guest » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:48 pm

Hundreds of people online when I was a newbie, I miss that.

Razhak

Post by Razhak » Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:55 am

Trying to wear my crown

Dreanger

Post by Dreanger » Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:25 pm

Pk shakes

Taziar

Post by Taziar » Sun Jun 19, 2016 4:03 pm

Dreanger wrote:Pk shakes
I still get these... im such a newb

Post by Guest » Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:27 pm

cant seem to login as may grrr

It was the sense of wonder for me,since wotmud ive played two muds and coded on one quite extensively....but this was my first proper experience

I was hugely into the books and it seemed amazing being in the world i had read about, and the world seemed so huge!

I also miss how the game elicited such emotions, i got killed loads statting, but my first pk had a huge effect on me,

I lured an mc into a trap, all good except i got the shakes so bad that i could barely type :)