New/Old Games you enjoy?

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Mantorok

New/Old Games you enjoy?

Post by Mantorok » Sat May 28, 2016 1:49 pm

We've got a book thread and a movie thread, but now I wanna know what you all play when you're not on the MUD.

Personally I've been playing Xenoblade Chronicles X for the WiiU, and Splatoon for the same a bit. If anyone else does lemme know, i can Friend you and we do Squad stuff on either of them, or Mario Kart...or Smash Bros...etc!

And I downloaded Vagrant Story for my PSVita a while back, because I remember the game being really cool on the PSOne but not easy. It's just as I remembered it and I actually wanna try and beat it finally.

What about you folks?

melyssan

Re: New/Old Games you enjoy?

Post by melyssan » Sat May 28, 2016 3:37 pm

neverwinter for the pc thinking of going back to elder scrolls some for the ps4

Dreanger

Post by Dreanger » Sat May 28, 2016 3:51 pm

Witcher 3, Fallout 4, and some other games on Xbox One, League of Legends and Age of Empires/Civilization Revolution on pc.

chavaon

Post by chavaon » Sun May 29, 2016 7:57 am

Old school gaming! I have a PS1 hooked up to my projector screen in the living room, permanently loaded with Worms Armageddon and with the same teams me and my friends have used since we were ~14.

I cancelled my WOW sub, but I was a total achievement whore on there for a good few years, was 123rd world highest at one point, Katzbalger on Arthas US (was a few WOTmudders on that realm).
Play some Hearthstone mostly because it's free and on Battlenet so my WOW friends are on chat.

Ingress! As part of the Resistance (you will join the Resistance if you want to play or Viv will dump preds on you) I'm defending the earth from aliens, capturing portals at real-life places such as monuments, art pieces, historic buildings....and pubs. Lots of pubs. It's a phone game, GPS-based and you have to actually go out and blow up enemy portals, capture them and link them to other friendly portals to form traiangular fields in real life. Yes, outside! Amazing graphics, it's like you're really there.

Eol

Post by Eol » Sun May 29, 2016 10:10 am

I'm 400 glyph points from 12 and a sojourner from 13. Gave so many keys to my wife to get her to 8 and she promptly quit. Resistance!

Ingress can be crazy irritating. I'm walking in a beautiful park, blue skies, 65 degrees and some cargresser is 50 feet behind me blowing my stuff up. That game has led to an awful lot of driving.

Astolfo

Post by Astolfo » Sun May 29, 2016 11:20 am

WOW.
Civ 5.

Mantorok

Post by Mantorok » Sun May 29, 2016 6:04 pm

Eol wrote:I'm 400 glyph points from 12 and a sojourner from 13. Gave so many keys to my wife to get her to 8 and she promptly quit. Resistance!

Ingress can be crazy irritating. I'm walking in a beautiful park, blue skies, 65 degrees and some cargresser is 50 feet behind me blowing my stuff up. That game has led to an awful lot of driving.
I understood next to nothing about that, other than you are apparently married. :P

Kaan1

Post by Kaan1 » Sun May 29, 2016 7:50 pm

I am still playing on occasions Civ 2, Praetorians (great game for land and stuff). I finished Caesar III a couple of years ago as well as Lords of the Realms II.

Other than that, the occasional Go board game (stones) on Pandanet.co.jp (in english).

I've been too busy with studies, so I havn't been playing too much. I have been playing some LoL with Ailak, Ecthus and Yeri, but that game is fairly dull... it just pretty flashing colors and limited, shallow gameplay to kill time while in a half-life transe at 3 am... Beware of all of the hatred people spew if you play LoL though... :) I have had some great games with the guys I mentioned, though.

Um, if you just want to try something new, a few levels of DDO (online) was fun (but don't get sucked into it and end up wasting your life on that. The dungeons have some cool moments and some traps/puzzles, but there is still a lot of hack-n-slash.

More than anything, Castle-Risk board game custom rules (which I would be glad to share with you) which I play with my Brother; also, some Settlers of Catan with custom rules and some Stratego.com.

Oh, and Zelda replay on N64 and gamecube emulators!!! Ocarina of Time, Wind Waker, Majora's Mask, Twighlight Princess. Some gameboy color emulator: Zelda Oracle of Seasons. Then I also tried some new pokemon Hacks which have darker stories and are fun!

Finally, I log into the mud frequently, more out of habit than anything else, just to gaze at the familiar black scene and colors text for a minute and see who is on the WHO. grin

That summarizes the last year or two's worth of games I've fiddled with and enjoyed.

Vivienne

Post by Vivienne » Sun May 29, 2016 7:52 pm

chavaon wrote: Ingress! As part of the Resistance (you will join the Resistance if you want to play or Viv will dump preds on you) I'm defending the earth from aliens, capturing portals at real-life places such as monuments, art pieces, historic buildings....and pubs. Lots of pubs. It's a phone game, GPS-based and you have to actually go out and blow up enemy portals, capture them and link them to other friendly portals to form traiangular fields in real life. Yes, outside! Amazing graphics, it's like you're really there.
True. So very true. All of it. And as the local team lead for the Resistance, there is no such thing as letting any of the so-called toads live for long. I'm a very aggressive player, and with all the travel I do, I bring lots of keys to lots of interesting places. That, and I take down farms just to show the locals that yes, you really can get in there and nuke those things. Sheesh. Give the toads any inroads and before you know it, it's all slime...

I'm also on the field test team for Pokemon Go, which I'm somewhat "meh" about, but I'll see what happens as we test it out and tweak it. I'm also working on another project thanks to my friends at Blizzard, which I can't talk about at all or there's some clause about burning down my village and salting my fields.

I'd like to get back to Assassin's Creed, but... yeah. I'd like to, at least!

Mantorok

Post by Mantorok » Sun May 29, 2016 7:57 pm

Kaan1 wrote:I am still playing on occasions Civ 2, Praetorians (great game for land and stuff). I finished Caesar III a couple of years ago as well as Lords of the Realms II.

Other than that, the occasional Go board game (stones) on Pandanet.co.jp (in english).

I've been too busy with studies, so I havn't been playing too much. I have been playing some LoL with Ailak, Ecthus and Yeri, but that game is fairly dull... it just pretty flashing colors and limited, shallow gameplay to kill time while in a half-life transe at 3 am... Beware of all of the hatred people spew if you play LoL though... :) I have had some great games with the guys I mentioned, though.

Um, if you just want to try something new, a few levels of DDO (online) was fun (but don't get sucked into it and end up wasting your life on that. The dungeons have some cool moments and some traps/puzzles, but there is still a lot of hack-n-slash.

More than anything, Castle-Risk board game custom rules (which I would be glad to share with you) which I play with my Brother; also, some Settlers of Catan with custom rules and some Stratego.com.

Oh, and Zelda replay on N64 and gamecube emulators!!! Ocarina of Time, Wind Waker, Majora's Mask, Twighlight Princess. Some gameboy color emulator: Zelda Oracle of Seasons. Then I also tried some new pokemon Hacks which have darker stories and are fun!

Finally, I log into the mud frequently, more out of habit than anything else, just to gaze at the familiar black scene and colors text for a minute and see who is on the WHO. grin

That summarizes the last year or two's worth of games I've fiddled with and enjoyed.

Speaking of Zelda 64s, I got Majora and Ocarina remakes for the 3DS when they came out. They kept a lot of the more fun (but not dangerous) bugs etc to keep the experience as good as it was on the 64. And the games are good looking, with great functionality changes (like the iron boots can be a 1 tap to equip, instead of the damn menu opening etc) and overall were better than the original versions. I say that as a diehard Zelda fan, and someone who demolished 100% the 64 games back when the graphics were the stuff of dreams. :P