ASOIAF and Game of Thrones - SPOILERS!

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Wept

ASOIAF and Game of Thrones - SPOILERS!

Post by Wept » Mon May 23, 2016 5:58 pm

DO NOT READ UNLESS YOU ARE COMPLETELY CAUGHT UP ON BOTH THE TV SERIES AND THE BOOKS!

SERIOUSLY DON'T!

Crazy about Hodor last night! Anyone else watching? I'm considering stopping the show. This was definitely a case where I would have preferred to learn about from the words of Martin instead of a TV show. I think someone who came up with such an awesome storyline (albeit super sad) deserves to tell us the story, not someone else.

Choen

Re: ASOIAF and Game of Thrones - SPOILERS!

Post by Choen » Mon May 23, 2016 6:43 pm

Hold the door on your way out please.

Shimu

Post by Shimu » Mon May 23, 2016 11:14 pm

This episode finally made me realize what Hodor has been saying the last few years.

Lykan

Post by Lykan » Tue May 24, 2016 1:39 am

Kinda pissed about the children of the forest just getting slaughtered with no more resolution...

Firimei Lang

Post by Firimei Lang » Tue May 24, 2016 3:23 am

Would've liked a better story line. I do like the past event resolutions though.

Mangler

Post by Mangler » Tue May 24, 2016 3:24 am

I'm really annoyed I'm now getting story snippets from the show not the books. This is especially true as it's difficult to see what is the book narrative and what is pure show. The Hodor thing was pure show I believe (in the books it's described how he gets kicked in the head by a horse, not some weird warg-time travel thing).

Having said that I'm terrified of somehow spoilers from the show being for the books also, and somehow missing them... so I continue to watch.

Also I agree about the Children of the Forest. Also the one eyed crow had too many eyes.

Firimei Lang

Post by Firimei Lang » Tue May 24, 2016 7:45 am

Mangler wrote:I'm really annoyed I'm now getting story snippets from the show not the books. This is especially true as it's difficult to see what is the book narrative and what is pure show. The Hodor thing was pure show I believe (in the books it's described how he gets kicked in the head by a horse, not some weird warg-time travel thing).

Having said that I'm terrified of somehow spoilers from the show being for the books also, and somehow missing them... so I continue to watch.

Also I agree about the Children of the Forest. Also the one eyed crow had too many eyes.

Yes trade description act right there!!

Plus would love to see Lady Stoneheart aka Caitlyn Stark, some other characters in the book in Dorne not coming to light. now its weird as mentioned without the books , we are all equal now. No one can scoff that people don't read the books! heh

Razhak

Post by Razhak » Tue May 24, 2016 1:25 pm

I think that from the beginning it was clear that the books and the series would differ on certain aspects. This due to the differences in format and the ability to bring certain things to the screen / not bloat the storyline of the series. I also believe I read someplace that the series would contain things that the books wouldnt have and vice versa.

Theres so much thats in the books which isnt in the series: Thoros of Myr, Lady Stoneheart and the whole band without banners. Victarion storyarcs, Coldhands. That Targaryen pretender who took that castle on the stormcoast in the last book.. just some to mention..

Also certain things are in the series which arent in that way in the books.

Perhaps instead of seeing everything as a complete spoiler, some things might be unique to the format we are watching

Wept

Post by Wept » Tue May 24, 2016 1:42 pm

Mangler I think this Hodor story will be in the books. In the thingy after the show the directors confirmed that this came from Martin.

The horse thing was just hearsay from some character if I remember correctly and probably is just a red herring.

I agree with you, sucks that book spoilers might be coming from the show now. But it seems that if you don't watch the show, you probably are going to get spiked out of both show and books by the internet eventually.

ecthus

Post by ecthus » Thu May 26, 2016 1:51 pm

That was the saddest I've been watching the show, even though I think the execution of the episode was kind of clumsy.

I've enjoyed the Leninist logic of the Bran story line: the world's on the verge of collapse, massive political changes are happening, but what we need to do is learn, learn, learn!