People to help promote the MUD.

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Mantorok

Re: People to help promote the MUD.

Post by Mantorok » Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:47 pm

https://www.reddit.com/r/WotmudV/ is the one Gaebryal has control of, but he hasnt been on that account in 3 months that I can see. I'll see if I can get control of it maybe.

Or we can make a new one, but what could we call it that isn't taken or too long?

Mantorok

Post by Mantorok » Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:48 am

Okay, so I messaged whoever is mod of /r/wotmud, but I don't expect anything to come of that since we don't even know who the hell set it to Private or why. (I assumed staff, maybe one of the times forums went down?)

I made a request for /r/wotmudv since Gaebryal hasn't posted on Reddit at all on that account in at least 3 months. We'll see about that one.

Lucie

Post by Lucie » Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:00 am

Mantorok wrote:Really, I'd just like people to talk on any relevant Subreddits about the MUD etc. Or even someone to go around Dragonmount, the WoT RP boards, Topmud etc MUD sites looking for players.

Or even some ideas people had about leaving calling cards promoting the MUD in book stores.
I don't really know about reddit much at all, but it would seem the benefit of hitting relevant reddits we don't control is that people are already active there and probably don't know about us. Making our own is still going to put info in the hands of potential players, but only if they are looking for us already? Is that right?

I'm not sure how we'd leave info at book stores without getting busted aside from asking permission from the manager to leave something at the counter? Free bookmarks? :P

Paj

Post by Paj » Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:52 pm

YouTube
LARP
Langois
Grangh

Mantorok

Post by Mantorok » Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:45 pm

Lucie wrote:
Mantorok wrote:Really, I'd just like people to talk on any relevant Subreddits about the MUD etc. Or even someone to go around Dragonmount, the WoT RP boards, Topmud etc MUD sites looking for players.

Or even some ideas people had about leaving calling cards promoting the MUD in book stores.
I don't really know about reddit much at all, but it would seem the benefit of hitting relevant reddits we don't control is that people are already active there and probably don't know about us. Making our own is still going to put info in the hands of potential players, but only if they are looking for us already? Is that right?

I'm not sure how we'd leave info at book stores without getting busted aside from asking permission from the manager to leave something at the counter? Free bookmarks? :P
I was thinking more as a place to post info specific to people that learn about us from Reddit, so they don't gotta hammer around the forum and fight the thread deletion that automatically trims the fat.

Mantorok

Post by Mantorok » Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:14 pm

I'll keep an eye on this http://www.mudconnect.com/SMF/index.php?topic=79905.0 and I am also doing the same on TOPMUD, and I'll do a write up for Dragonmount after I eat.

Does anyone know any frequented WoT etc sites to use?

Mantorok

Post by Mantorok » Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:20 pm

Okay, so I posted to:

Dragonmount
Mudconnect
Registered for Topmudsites and waiting for their forum activation thing
Theoryland

And I've been answering questions on and off on Reddit, both on comments and through PMs.

Anyone else know some sites I could delve into next?

Lucie

Post by Lucie » Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:30 pm

I'm looking at http://www.theoryland.com/links.php

Tarvalon.net has a few mentions of wotmud, including one asking if it was still up and running (the post was from 2013).
The most recent was also the most interesting:
https://www.tarvalon.net/content.php?17 ... dom-Online
It mentions us and has a link to a site that isn't loading for me. Not sure what's up with it.

Mantorok

Post by Mantorok » Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:17 am

Anyone familiar with that site? I haven't signed up but it looks like a heavy roleplay thing.

Gretchen

Post by Gretchen » Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:05 am

manty as the pr face of wotmud for new people .........