People to help promote the MUD.

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Mantorok

People to help promote the MUD.

Post by Mantorok » Wed May 18, 2016 6:10 pm

Well boys and girls, I am looking for help.

For the past few months I've been promoting us a lot on Reddit, by making an account just for it and taking all questions and comments I got about the game as I did my usual Reddit shenanigans. I've gotten quite a few people to give the game a try, albeit not necessarily stayed. To be frank, I cannot do this task alone. If anyone would be willing to help me promote the game around the net, I have many ideas to try out for the sake of the game and its population. Just SMT in game or a forum mail if you are willing to help.

Please keep voting, but we also could greatly use people taking some time to do more than that. Let me know.

roisin

Re: People to help promote the MUD.

Post by roisin » Thu May 19, 2016 5:40 pm

/u/Ask_me_about_wotMUD?

I spotted you on reddit and now I'm here, about a year since I had last thought of the game. I guess your approach works.

Mantorok

Post by Mantorok » Thu May 19, 2016 5:42 pm

:D

Now just gotta keep ya here!

Thrasymachus

Post by Thrasymachus » Thu May 19, 2016 6:13 pm

Might help if /r/wotmud wasn't a private sub.

Mantorok

Post by Mantorok » Thu May 19, 2016 6:23 pm

I mean, last I knew Torvian had control of the WoTMud sub but that was a few years back. No idea about it, so I send em here but respond to anything people ask me on Reddit.

Mantorok

Post by Mantorok » Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:55 pm

I hear we used to have a banner ad on Topmud or something, but that's long gone. I did find this though http://www.topmudsites.com/advertise.shtml#sponsor

Didn't know it was that much to advertise though!

Kilgore

Post by Kilgore » Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:40 pm

I don't think you're going to get a lot of new MUDDers from MUD connect or other mud collective sites as much anymore as maybe when MUDding was a common nomenclature for gamers. The RP communities are the places to try and find people. There are several WoT related RP communities on reddit. Have tried asking people before to post their stories on our forum site as a bait, but haven't seen much of it yet. Though, might be worth it to ask that question sometimes.

Equitant

Post by Equitant » Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:49 pm

Mantorok,

I applaud your initiative. What is it you'd like me/us to do? What is the link to the subreddit? I'm with Kilgore in that topmuds isn't worth jack, other than bragging rights and every once in a while, someone from another mud getting bored and giving something else a try.

Mantorok

Post by Mantorok » Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:57 pm

I don't know who has control of the WoTMud subreddit, as it got made private, but Torvian has control of another one but that's bare bones. Really, I'd just like people to talk on any relevant Subreddits about the MUD etc. Or even someone to go around Dragonmount, the WoT RP boards, Topmud etc MUD sites looking for players.

I try, but I can't be everywhere at once and still have time for myself. :P

Or even some ideas people had about leaving calling cards promoting the MUD in book stores (not too much, we don't wanna litter!) and stuff like that. I wish I had the funds to do the banner ad, but that's way out of my reach atm.

Equitant

Post by Equitant » Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:41 pm

Make another subreddit? I like the reddit idea.