What's the fun in that?

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
keser

What's the fun in that?

Post by keser » Sat May 14, 2016 6:05 pm

2 SS with a mob comes across me in the North of Emond's field, and killed me in half a minute. Now I wonder where the hell fun in this slaughter. Probably on their side, but please, please do not tell me that this is the way this game goes on. I am around for a year or so, and I know that. But knowing doesn't make it less disappointing in any way. Please friends, having some common sense and showing some fair play will not hurt you.

Mantorok

Re: What's the fun in that?

Post by Mantorok » Sat May 14, 2016 6:23 pm

N Ef is pretty open. Why didn't you run?

milian

Post by milian » Sat May 14, 2016 6:25 pm

the ss was me and we stumbled across your tracks heading towards where another ss had recently been killed.
where you died was not the hardest position to run from and you had ample opportunity and 4 chances at perfect dlines, As you say you have been around a year so if you are finding it difficult to run against a very small force or make it to mobs to help you then please message me and I will try to help you.
As it was you died Watch hill with lan/moiraine 2 rooms away and a bunch of doors in wh so please forgive me. There are times people deliberately get lower to bait to these kinda mobs. Just try to see the situation from the other pov and although it didn't turn out as I thought I did wonder if that was your tactic. you have killed me before where you were low and zerk bashed me at mobs so I have experience of this thing with ya.
We left everything u had at your corpse.

Rig

Post by Rig » Sat May 14, 2016 6:26 pm

Use their horse loads against them. And run Kerrigan. You will see them flee in terror.

Paj

Post by Paj » Sat May 14, 2016 7:56 pm

I think he meant, he didn't get a chance to say the oaths!

Cold-blooded purple trollocs.

keser

Post by keser » Sun May 15, 2016 7:08 am

@Mantorok I tried to flee. It was so fast that I couldn't regain my sense of direction after some pointless flees, and then I died.
@milian well, because I was heading south from north and you came in from south, it's impossible for you to stumble across my tracks, but that is not the matter anyway. As you have said, I have experiencing some difficulties dealing with a small force consist of you, another player and a mob soldier, I did just fall in that situation, I wasn't expecting a fight there atm.
Yes, I have killed you with mob support, but remember, we were at wagon and you've gone zerk during the fight and I did the same. I pulled the rope aswell. we both were playing the same game at that time. by the way, could you please check your trophy list and could you please share with us how many times you've killed me so far? Remember that we played a couple of times and most of those kills are like the one as yesterday's killing.
I didn't post this to blame you, to complain the game or to be lessoned. I didn't give your names. I have been trying to stay out pk situations most of the times so far. I know im not good at that. And I suppose, all the ss players do know as well, since I have spent alot of time in the south. What I was asking was a little understanding and common sense. I'm not here to be killed regularly, like you im here for some fun.

milian

Post by milian » Sun May 15, 2016 7:34 am

on the first point we headed north from ef and if you go all n from watch hill you come east of the road and while I was east of the road you must have passed me on the road alls of taren ferry. I didn't see your tracks until I went sentry on the main road at which point I changed direction and chased south. I didnt even know who it was until we ran into you, You would be surprised at how often you can pass by people 1 room away and never know.
On the second point, we are all here for fun. For your enjoyment I would like to help you learn what to do in these situations so that it isn't an unnecessary death. when you get some of the basics down and don't die in these first encounter you may be surprised at how much fun pk can be. It can really get your adrenaline up etc. If you don't want pk then say so while we are on ya
you wont die in the first 2 bashes so take the opportunity to say sorry guys don't wanna fight and you would be surprised how often people will let ya go. Try to communicate and it will help a lot. fleeing around etc will still give the impression that you may want pk especially when you are so close to decent mob support. I said previously this can be misinterpreted as I did.
I hope this info helps and please do message me I would like to show ya a few things that may help you in future.

Relaes

Post by Relaes » Sun May 15, 2016 2:29 pm

Just return the favor. Don't ever expect to be left alone or for someone to play fair (This is especially important. Just assume that everyone is an asshole until proven otherwise). Everyone will betray your trust and everyone will gladly kill you if they need your scalp or gear. Grow that Wotmud hatred that we all know and love and pay them back when you get the chance. Get faster, better and kill them back any way you can. Get a group, hang with friends, set traps. Show no mercy. :twisted:

Paj

Post by Paj » Sun May 15, 2016 3:54 pm

Do we have to make assholes of future pkers?

Yeri

Post by Yeri » Sun May 15, 2016 4:23 pm

Relaes wrote:Just return the favor. Don't ever expect to be left alone or for someone to play fair (This is especially important. Just assume that everyone is an asshole until proven otherwise). Everyone will betray your trust and everyone will gladly kill you if they need your scalp or gear. Grow that Wotmud hatred that we all know and love and pay them back when you get the chance. Get faster, better and kill them back any way you can. Get a group, hang with friends, set traps. Show no mercy. :twisted:
As far as I can tell, it was fair, he wasn't AFK/LD or anything. Just a question of whether the SS would leave him alone cause he was new/didn't want to PK or not.

But still, I'm with Paj on this. We're all jaded, sure, but let's not *try* to make everyone else that way too.