Lightside Needs Help

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Enok

Re: Lightside Needs Help

Post by Enok » Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:02 am

It is relevant in that context to mention that LS globals were/are WAY more policed than DS. In part, likely due to the vast amount of people that used to frequent lightside.

I still claim that the enormity of the "lightside" map is getting in the way of people meeting and socializing. For an experienced player, horse-hopping around, it's not big at all. But the amount of space to cover for a group, to gear up someone or try their hands of some new smobs or smob chain, is extreme.

Arkan

Post by Arkan » Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:09 am

If I log onto LS, it's to chat, and I do it like once every couple months. And for the last few years, I think "why does anyone here even play this game?" Because it seems horrible over there. You can have 17 people on and not one global for an hour.

Tolveor

Post by Tolveor » Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:59 am

idk that theres really a problem gearing people from smobs. Generally i can get at least a combo set and abs set from 30-60 min smobbing. This usually includes several finely tunics/shiners to. The guys I smob with normally doesnt need anything so i dump tons of stuff in caemlyn junkyard vial donate or just caem barrel. I try to pick up people that need eq, and ask for people to come smobbing all the time, but usually it just ends up being me and another friend. Its not easy to get smob groups going nowadays either.

I love the huge lightside map, and the diversity of smobs. Even though you can get unlucky with loads, you can get very lucky to. Thats ls smobbing.

Brocas

Post by Brocas » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:18 am

The social thing is the absolute largest aspect of this game to me, its pretty much the only reason I play. Everytime I log on, I chat hello and narrate something in character. I don't really expect responses to my narrates because unless you are tower or a tower supporter, you probably would not narrate back, but when I chat hello, I do expect responses. It seems to have gotten better, perhaps because I global rant when no one chats back to me, but there was a time where there'd be 15 or more people on and I chat hello and not a single response back. So either everyone's AFK or too busy doing their own personal things to bother wanting to respond.

Everyone is entitled to play this game the way they want, so I can't force anyone to socially interact with me if they don't want to, but for me, I will say if I'm ignored then I will get bored and I will most likely log off.... knowing that if I switch to DS where I know there will be people on wanting to talk.

Tempest

Post by Tempest » Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:49 am

I'm pretty bad with social communication, but I am like this RL to. Sometimes I have moods where I can't stfu, even talk to myself. But majority of the time I just can't be bothered, it's nothing personaI just how I am. I know sometimes I'll log on, Pk ignore skype and log off. I'm a Pk junkie through and through, this mud is the best PvP system in any game I have played or seen. Cause I've been working a lot lately I just don't have the patience to stay logged on. Smobbing puts me to sleep. The amount of times I've dropped out after one hit lol it's a little embarrassing. I will try and work on this and peak hours which I can only play weekends now, I'm only pking but I will make more of a effort to smobbing and form a few new connection.

And if Lykan is all chummy with you and the asks you to stab another chosen. Don't do it, it's a trap. I swear you still go out of your way to target me still Evis! "Tempest joined Pk?!? Set the traps"

Lykan

Post by Lykan » Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:09 pm

Chummy.

DS is (typically) a cohesive unit with unified goals whereas LS is just a random collection of individual people doing nothing but looking out for themselves. Mob support and zone flow up north is also catered to DS. DS is just plain "easier" to play and I think thats why we've developed the numbers disparity we now have - as our pbase ages and has less time to commit, we all gravitate to the chars/sides where we can "plug-n-play".

Also, if someone runs off and does their own thing on DS and causes us a fight or whatever, I can yell at them and/or kill them if needed whereas on LS, they just say "fk you" and then run FD with all the eq/scalps and rent :) I'm pretty sure if you named the "top 5 ls leaders", at least 4 of them would say they mostly only play LS because it needed help or they can't find pk on DS. There's just so much drama and bs to put up with on LS, as well as the frustration of leading in N pk...why would you play that when you could play DS? Shrug.

But, this is mostly all centered on the various pk aspects. Traditionally, pk was only one facet of the "LS experience" whereas now its the vast majority.

Tempest

Post by Tempest » Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:56 pm

I think it would be cool to setup the Pk academy's on ls. Set up some mock battles, talk about strategy, chokes, how to survive and how to get the kills. More importantly you will get to know each other, maybe even during this Ds log on ls and join in. But make it a regular thing once every month. Chuck in a few prizes, whatever. We need to do something, otherwise it's only going to get worse. I'd willing throw in some eq for it and impart what I know.

Lykan

Post by Lykan » Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:57 pm

So go do it rather than posting on forums about it like all the other armchair critics around here.

Razhak

Post by Razhak » Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:00 pm

LS PK academy is a nice idea. It is basically re-opening the Malkieri Academy

Ritaker, Jothel and me (Argayle) were the first ones organising it years and years back.

The prizes were clanning into the BG (or a recommendation to a clan of your choice). Jothel got clanned BG, and I got a recommendation for the Gaidin.

It was good fun, but also a great deal of bother because of setting up times, getting some more experienced people to tag along to protect all the new northern PKers and so on

Tempest

Post by Tempest » Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:00 pm

I'm not criticizing, I'm just throwing ideas out there with the hours I play now, I am not the best to organise it. I will do whatever I can but it's kinda hard for the Aussie who can't play at the same time as the majority

I've started to realise I and a lot of others spend to much time critizing and instead of doing that use our knowledge and experience to deal with whatever and then help people overcome whatever is bothering them.

Cause that's the best thing about this game is. No matter how OP something is, there is always ways to overcome it.