sul'dam

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
briana

sul'dam

Post by briana » Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:06 pm

Why don't we give SS the ability to have FC remorts/chars in general? I feel like more people will play that side again and it'll be fun because they'll be really dangerous and etc etc.

Discuss

Eol

Re: sul'dam

Post by Eol » Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:25 pm

For all the times I've thought the people who ran this game were crazy, it is abundantly clear that they knew what they were doing when they limited who could be channelers and dreadlords and what not. We do not need "southern dreadlords" which is what a sul'dam would be.

Mhaliah

Post by Mhaliah » Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:31 pm

Rig

Post by Rig » Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:09 pm

Laughing at above post

faul

Post by faul » Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:13 am

Even putting aside balance issues, that ship sailed - the numbers were waning about 1.5 years ago when I started my extensive break and have been pretty appalling in general since I've gotten back. I don't think I've seen DS or LS have more than 20 people on it at any time and SS is pretty much a ghost-town all the time. This game sustained three sides relatively well for about 8 years between 2003 and 2011 when numbers were between 80 and 120 pretty consistently, but 30 people on average predictably means that the historically smallest side is going to go first and SS has gone.

Elysia

Post by Elysia » Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:36 am

1. Coding.
2. If any coding change would take precedence, it's one which would affect most people, or have a profound positive impact in player retention across sides. E.g. statting, rank 8 bonuses. Channelers for Seanchan does not fall under that by a long shot.
3. You're asking for the most powerful class in the game at a time when LS doesn't have the numbers to deal with that. As it is, LS frequently can't muster the people to fight on both fronts. Giving SS channelers wouldn't magically inspire people to play LS, probably the opposite.
4. No, it can't be moboled through a leadable mob. Before anyone suggests it.
5. I still think the best solution would be to merge LS and SS, but... coding, see point 2.
6. The best thing players can do right now, and I particularly mean the ones who exclusively play SS or DS, is to stat a human hunter or warrior and log on to LS when the balance is off. The lure of potentially fading frequently has player distribution at 50% LS and 50% DS and that comes with issues. For all the complaints on how LS sucks, how they don't communicate or don't group, other sides do that too. There's even a log on AoW to prove it. :P