Name that spear (what I want it to be)!

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Relaes

Name that spear (what I want it to be)!

Post by Relaes » Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:52 am

In the light of current changes to weapons, I thought it prudent to bring up an item that has been treated with a lack of empathy and imagination over the years. This is an item that was changed on the grounds of roleplay(?), in a game where very few items are restricted to specific characters or clans on the grounds of being book-ish. Ironically, this Deathwatch item was used by many different morat' players and not only by the Deathwatch themselves, which roleplay would dictate (edit: especially on the RP-faction of the mud).

I am, of course, speaking about the dark blue tasseled spear.

Just like the brass hilted swords, ivory and gold hilted swords and knife bladed axes, many items that were exclusive to a single character in the books are used by a plethora of characters in our wot-world. Completely against WoT roleplay. Channies in chainmail on a regular basis anyone? Were we to police all of these weapons I think part of the charm of picking up a fabled seanchan fighter's weapon and using it to fight against the shadow (and the sushi) would be lost.

I propose that we change the name of the dark blue tasseled spear into black tasseled spear. However, I am willing to entertain other suggestions because I, quite frankly, hate the cop-out that is the dark blue color. It's not black, but dark blue....

Hopefully Drakavrea isn't around to contest this humble suggestion that I have made every other year since the GAMEBREAKING BREACH IN ROLEPLAY WAS DISCOVERED!

And yes, it matters this much to me.

Thanks,

Fredrik

Madin

Re: Name that spear (what I want it to be)!

Post by Madin » Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:10 am

Elysia actually called it a Black Tasseled Spear in her post.

Taziar

Re: Name that spear (what I want it to be)!

Post by Taziar » Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:02 pm

Yes please!

+1