Politics, YAY! The Trump.

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Joolis

Re: Politics, YAY! The Trump.

Post by Joolis » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:19 am

"Journalist" in the very loosest sense. I would call them Politically Opinionated Flame-War Starters. But I think you are describing it well with authority based on tv viewership.

Tolveor

Post by Tolveor » Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:33 pm

Got it. i have a sense of what it means, I just have never heard the term before

Venum

Post by Venum » Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:29 pm

I wouldn't really put Wolf Blitzer on there he's about as middle of the road "This is what happened today" as you can get. But yeah our news is corrupted by having 1 minute of actual news to every 30 minutes of talking head "pundits" giving their take on it.

Tolveor

Post by Tolveor » Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:51 pm

Its kind of the curse of 24h tv news i guess. you have to have fill ins to keep it entertaining/interesting.

blokhed

Post by blokhed » Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:59 pm

People without job skills need jobs too.

Skittles

Post by Skittles » Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:20 am

http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/19/politics/ ... index.html

"If I had a bowl of skittles and I told you just three would kill you. Would you take a handful? That's our Syrian refugee problem." - Trump Jr.

Little does he know it takes only ONE Skittle(s) to kill you!!!

brunhilda

Post by brunhilda » Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:01 pm

That's a great analogy, just fails ethics though. Solution? u.N gives them an actual place to go. Rather than refuge them into existing countries. Look how well it worked for Austrailia.

krul

Post by krul » Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:29 pm

ecthus wrote:It seems clear at this point that the Democratic strategy of demonstrating that Trump is disgusting for saying x,y,z awful thing isn't a strategy that's going to sway his base. There's no point in exposing a man who publicly exposes himself on a daily basis.

I've become more interested in how Trump is weak where he's perceived to be strong--as a businessman. He's been successful...at running his businesses into the ground and burying himself and his businesses in debt up to the gills. Much of that debt is to foreign banks, because even our scummy American banks won't lend to him anymore. It seems likely that his primary reason for not releasing his tax forms is that he isn't worth nearly as much as he claims.
But shouldn't that clearly make him the most qualified to run the U.S. economy?

I'm not so sure I'd even vote against Trumpy, if I were a U.S. citizen, I don't believe he believes half the things he says or will do nearly any of them. His more measured self has stated that he is disinclined to war. Clinton, on the other hand, is mind-numbingly corrupt and has a proven track record of being a warmonger and criminal.

Bernie should've run as an Independent. Maybe he decided he didn't want to be President, but his belief in the ability of the established political system to reform itself is kind of ridiculous. At least when Trumpy is elected it'll be some kind of divergence from the status quo, and both parties will feel like fools. Democrats will probably scapegoat Bernie, even though he was their only hope, and Republicans will probably scapegoat each other, or "the American people", as usual.

Skittles

Post by Skittles » Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:23 pm

Clinton is actually not a corrupt criminal :-P But I'm glad the Republican propaganda machine reached you. And given what you said, you really should be more concerned about the party that is pridefully warmongering.

I also like the argument that we should ignore the bad dung Trump says because he probably doesn't believe it.

krul

Post by krul » Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:34 pm

Skittles wrote:I also like the argument that we should ignore the bad dung Trump says because he probably doesn't believe it.
Personally, I dislike that argument. But I guess you were being ironic, so it looks like we agree! :-)

P.S., I don't think I have been a recipient of any Republican media as I don't read the news and the only person I listen to when I'm bored enough to involve myself in politics is Zizek. (I did used to get lots of emails from Bernie Sanders, though! I even made a contribution using a proxy address! Which makes me a criminal, too!)