Why is the game so laggy?

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Mangler

Why is the game so laggy?

Post by Mangler » Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:45 pm

Well, the topic really says it all.

It's been laggy as hell for a few months now.

Elysia

Re: Why is the game so laggy?

Post by Elysia » Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:13 pm

Is this just during multipliers? I've noticed if many pines are issued, it creates lag, although I'm not sure if it's the issuing or some other part of the process.

Rig

Post by Rig » Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:51 pm

I've only noticed lag during 3x and because of my client. Otherwise it's been fine for me :P

Lyren

Post by Lyren » Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:56 pm

This. It has been for a few months. I can barely even pk. I feel like the days of being able to play without lag are gone for me. It isn't my connection, because nothing else has been affected.

#coulditbethetwitterfeed?

Elysia

Post by Elysia » Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:48 am

If it was the twitter feed, it would be a universal issue. I'm not getting any more lag than the occasional spike and I haven't really heard anyone I know comment about frequent lag either.

Ghalante

Post by Ghalante » Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:26 pm

I have no major issues with lag either currently. I do recall something similar to what some of you are describing when my ISP made changes many years ago. Went from a super stable mud connection to catastrophy over night basically. Nothing else affected.

Spyder

Post by Spyder » Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:15 am

I've been experiencing similar issues to what Lyren and Mangler have reported. I've checked my ping against every test i can and its flat as a tack. The connection is stable on other games I play online and the other muds that i've logged on to check stability on.

I assume when the mud was taken offline that Flash beefed our security up and that's why I can no longer ping the game itself? I must agree with Lyren that it was around the time of the Twitter feed that i began getting lag spikes. Could we possibly test this? A day when we take the feed down and allow players to play and report if there is any difference in their connection?

I worry that if we have players returning or new arrivals that they will log in to experience lag like this. They aren't going to stay and those of us who have now near-unplayable connections are left with minimal choice, sucks because we do enjoy the game and I for one would like to keep playing!