Relive the glory of the empire

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
plando

Relive the glory of the empire

Post by plando » Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:53 pm

Well, the change to the SS side is quite significant. We have had a lot of ups and a lot of downs over the year with the Empire, across all sides. I would like to dedicate this thread to remembering all the fun, and not so much fun that was had as a SS in the past and present.

I will start:

I think I will miss Drakavarea and players like Damos. I always felt like I was in trouble if they were around. I'd argue at this time I was very much learning the ropes of pk back then. My all time favorite will forever be Mronz, that player accomplished so much despite being visually impaired. I always thought the world of Mronz as a result, and I felt like we all won something when he mastered. I just loved seeing that character progression so much against all odds. One of the OG berserkers.

I felt like pking against seanchan used to be so fun because they could become coordinated and flex power in an instant, and they were typically great at falling back incrementally. There were many jokes to be had about them fighting Baerlon and falling back to past narrow which was, admittedly hilarious, and some times true but, all in all it was very fun to play that side. I'm sad it's winding down but, I think it's for the best.

I would say before fencing blades were really all the rage I had a rogue I think it was, and we were fighting Shinji's?? (maybe) group inside Emonds Field. I disarmed Shinji's PoG to the ground and immediately picked it up, and the fight continued for probably another 5 minutes before their side realized what happened. It was extremely funny and fortunate for one side, and misfortunate for our opponent.

Please share any funny, exciting, or other stories related to the SS side in tribute! Your favorite players, your favorite activities, triumphs, defeats, whatever they may be I think there's a home for them here :D

plando

Re: Relive the glory of the empire

Post by plando » Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:12 am

wow tough crowd in 2024 huh.

Astolfo

Post by Astolfo » Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:01 pm

Think its just that most people are gone and the boards are pretty quiet.
We're 30 years into the game this year, 24 for me.
Best!

Prykor

Post by Prykor » Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:11 pm

plando wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:12 am
wow tough crowd in 2024 huh.
I've found the separate who list has made SS more appealing to play.
It takes away the safety of checking the who list before the usual oathbreakers go after the usual smobs, and seanchan don't show up on tower char's "where" while they are killing xp mobs.

It makes the cross race encounters much more of a surprise, and also the grouping change makes things a lot more feasible to join in with northern pk where grouping up is really needed to contest the other side's group.

I wasn't around for most of the Seanchan hayday, but from reading through some of the logs and comments from channeler characters in regard to the deathwatch ponies makes me feel like I missed out on a lot of :popcorn: moments.

Harun

Post by Harun » Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:38 pm

Fun fact: Davor was originally a Seanchan but requested a change to Lightside after getting run down repeatedly on THR by Dougras and Tarn. Lot of things make sense now, huh?

Kryyg

Post by Kryyg » Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:02 pm

The implementation of SS was the inflection point of a group of bads thinking they are good and the decline of WoTMUD.

Let us hope with this change, we have all smartened up and are now going to see a WoTMUD that rivals even the peak Snorakk/Eleanor/Stinkmog days.

Mronz

Post by Mronz » Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:53 pm

Thanks for the shout out.
Started on LS, around 1998, back in the how do I wear my crown days... WOTMUD being my first mud ever, and for the most part, only long term played mud.

Kicked around on LS, dabbled in DS, but it wasn't until SS went past beta, and I joined, did I really find a home.

I think I easily racked up over 365 days of playtime, between Amria and Mronz, plus many others.

Had an absolute ball, and as SS was phased out/changed/etc, that was the deathblow for me playing WOTMUD.

Now, I've got a wife and kids, and I still log once in a while, but it'll never be like those days, in the 2000-2010 days.

Best game ever.

serde

Post by serde » Tue Apr 09, 2024 12:20 am

Creating a clan and having it become a reality was an amazing thing. And to be one of the first to master in it, and having this be my one and only master char is amazing. Had a blast playing SS for so many years