Defender/attacker balance in clan rooms

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
vhalerie

Re: Defender/attacker balance in clan rooms

Post by vhalerie » Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:36 pm

langois wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2024 5:49 pm
vhalerie wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2024 5:31 pm
Rig following Elara into the clan base and then looting the herb chest on the way out is a perfect example of why this whole pk in the clan rooms thing is just dumb. If you want mobs then use the city, or use the cityhead. I don't get why rooms that are specifically designed for clan-based functions should allow access to anyone that follows them in to rob the clan, kill the clan members, and then have mobs open the door for them when a trolloc asks politely.
This is why clan doors have no quit check now. Had wisdoms self reported that their door didn’t have a no quit check then the garden would be lush and beautiful.

Lesson learned I say
seriously? ive been complaining about those clan doors since i first clanned, how is that possibly "not self-reporting"

Rig

Post by Rig » Thu Apr 11, 2024 11:59 pm

Btw, I did drop all of the herbs I didn’t/don’t use outside the door. Hopefully someone grabbed them and put them back in the garden.

Kryyg

Post by Kryyg » Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:21 am

There are so many safe areas on this game and areas where only a full group or solo Jestin would even attempt a hit. A tiny bit of effort will get you to these areas. I’m not in favor of anything with no quit checks during PK. I’m not against back exits or additional egress modes for both sides in clan areas. Or make purchasing guards part of the clan coffer system - to a limit.

It’s crazy, we are at a time when we probably have the highest percentage of experienced players and we are trying to make it safer and easier because of a few whiners and dunces.

elara

Post by elara » Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:00 am

Rig wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2024 11:59 pm
Btw, I did drop all of the herbs I didn’t/don’t use outside the door. Hopefully someone grabbed them and put them back in the garden.
sigh, we never saw them I don't think. I felt pretty terrible about getting us robbed + dying all in the same motion so I logged off shortly afterwards.

Sarryn

Post by Sarryn » Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:56 am

I don’t post a ton so sorry for the book. This honestly isn’t very important to me. But the below views are from a standpoint of player retention only.

As someone who usually just plays to pk. I can sympathize with this. I know as pkers we get frustrated by certain things. Like easy exits and safe spots. But also as someone who can easily put myself in others shoes. I can understand the frustration here. There is a good percentage of the mud population that doesn’t like to pk. They don’t play this game to partake in it at all. Don’t find it enjoyable or just simply aren’t good at it. And I can understand that, facing some players is absolutely not fun. Like you don’t even feel like you have a good chance even at mobs as a non pker.

That being said there is many mobs outside of your clan bases that are very tough to hit at, for any sustainable period. You should use those first. Like for wb Tallanvor is pretty rough to hit at. (Not to mention the general call mob on top of that) Selanna is also a nice option if not against numbers. (Given the door it can be a trap) Finding these and learning how to use them in these situations is essential to survival. Learning certain opponents and their tendencies is as well. If you’re going against a more experienced/ballsy player such as Rig you should just believe he’s probably gonna hit you anywhere. So give yourself that time and leeway (hps) to use said mobs earlier.

All that aside, I do think it’s incredibly stupid to have a clan area that literally lets enemies out upon request. While I get that nowhere should be truly safe if you have no quit/running. I don’t really think it’s that bad for the community to have that opportunity to avoid pk. And should you choose to chase into said areas. I’d rather see it only be exited after killing/obtaining a key. Because the other/current option is just silly af. There’s no way you should be able to get into clan access areas kill someone and just say exit to there mobs and be let out by them lol.

No quit checks seem like a good idea. But it’s also only focused for the pkers advantage. And honestly the people that complain about these usually non pkers running into there clan spots to avoid death don’t really need anymore advantages. So I can see the frustration. I can see both sides of the coin. As a small playerbase and community I wonder if it’s not best to give some leeway to non pkers. I mean if you’re able to make it to safety I’d be ok with that on my side. As a pker yes it’s frustrating. Yes it’s annoying when there’s no one who will fight and are only out there hiding in cities or pveing. But I also understand with so low numbers we can use any players we can get.

All that being said in my boredom 2 cents. If no quit checks weren’t a thing. I’d definitely like the easy exits removed. And replaced with a non stabbable decently hard mob that loads a key. I say this because no one is forcing you to hit them inside these areas. There going there because they want to be done with you lol. So there should definitely be some measures of safety, risk involved. I personally can’t really see much advantage from this. So it’s not about something I care about. If I want to get safe I usually just put distance between us. And if I die so be it no big deal. But for the non pkers I can sympathize with the clan base safety area. Probably not a popular opinion. But I’d hate to see lesser players as a result of pk focused changes.

Zarth

Post by Zarth » Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:12 am

Kryyg wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:21 am
It’s crazy, we are at a time when we probably have the highest percentage of experienced players and we are trying to make it safer and easier because of a few whiners and dunces.
Saving this for the next time either you or Jestin get stabbed!!

melosa

Post by melosa » Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:53 pm

Kryyg wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:21 am
There are so many safe areas on this game and areas where only a full group or solo Jestin would even attempt a hit. A tiny bit of effort will get you to these areas. I’m not in favor of anything with no quit checks during PK. I’m not against back exits or additional egress modes for both sides in clan areas. Or make purchasing guards part of the clan coffer system - to a limit.

What an absolutely shallow and stupid response. In a time where we are trying to increase player numbers and helping new players grow (and having some limited success in doing so), along comes a veteran player that goes 'Yes, let's call players (with possibly legit concerns) whiners and dunces.' Way to foster a welcoming environment. What a chortlesnorfling tool you are.

Back to the thread:

- Agree that there should not be any 100% safe zones in game.
- Clan zones should be massively stacked in favour of the clan member if they can enter it and an enemy is somehow able to get in (noquit checks on clan doors is... okay).
- Enemies shouldnt just be able to waltz out
- Agree 110% with Sarryn said

erulak

Post by erulak » Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:23 pm

I'm trying to figure out whether people are not realizing or pretending not to realize how much of PK will just turn into 'bait people into clan base when they're already fighting you inside a city' if we're making super strong clan bases that are accessible at any time and can't be gotten out of without essentially smobbing. The problem isn't all these newer players we're swimming in, the problem is the vast majority of experienced players who will not be able to help but abuse this dynamic/option. Hell, some of the biggest griping about this comes from people who were under the impression they were doing *just that* and weren't aware of mechanical changes to clan bases because people in the distant past abused it.

Based on Immortal response to threads like these, the state of affairs now (for the most part) is this: you can't enter your base during PK (or with no quit) and, as a result, neither can your enemy. That is a shift from the previous state: you can enter your base at any time and nobody else can get in, if you manage to do it without leaving a window of time open for your enemy to do so.

I will think of this thread fondly as I am sitting in FD on my Lancer not being able to enter my clan rooms to afk with no enemies around because I fought somebody up to 4-5 minutes ago.

Thore

Post by Thore » Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:20 pm

erulak wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:23 pm
I will think of this thread fondly as I am sitting in FD on my Lancer not being able to enter my clan rooms to afk with no enemies around because I fought somebody up to 4-5 minutes ago.
When I actually get some more time to play, I too will think of this change after I die and log off for the night on my Lancer instead of being able to sneak into base and regen to come out to fight again.

Rig

Post by Rig » Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:45 pm