Defender/attacker balance in clan rooms

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Kryyg

Re: Defender/attacker balance in clan rooms

Post by Kryyg » Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:03 pm

melosa wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:53 pm
Kryyg wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:21 am
There are so many safe areas on this game and areas where only a full group or solo Jestin would even attempt a hit. A tiny bit of effort will get you to these areas. I’m not in favor of anything with no quit checks during PK. I’m not against back exits or additional egress modes for both sides in clan areas. Or make purchasing guards part of the clan coffer system - to a limit.

It’s crazy, we are at a time when we probably have the highest percentage of experienced players and we are trying to make it safer and easier because of a few whiners and dunces.
What an absolutely shallow and stupid response. In a time where we are trying to increase player numbers and helping new players grow (and having some limited success in doing so), along comes a veteran player that goes 'Yes, let's call players (with possibly legit concerns) whiners and dunces.' Way to foster a welcoming environment. What a chortlesnorfling tool you are.

Back to the thread:

- Agree that there should not be any 100% safe zones in game.
- Clan zones should be massively stacked in favour of the clan member if they can enter it and an enemy is somehow able to get in (noquit checks on clan doors is... okay).
- Enemies shouldnt just be able to waltz out
- Agree 110% with Sarryn said
This thread stems from the Roberto log. Which happens so infrequently that no changes were really needed. Additionally, so many things in that log were intentional on Roberto’s part in putting himself in danger.

I’m sorry you’re a dunce and don’t realize how the game and PK works. The one log and rare instances this situation happens merits no changes outside of some things I recommended. You guys are making a big deal out of nothing and now no quit changes are actually causing more irritation than this problem (in my veteran experience). Is Glynn and Roberto new people we are trying to retain? I don’t even understand your comment. chortlesnorfling bads shouldn’t be allowed to post. I bet you moved from Seanchan side to FC. Smooth transition.

langois

Post by langois » Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:42 pm

Kryyg wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:03 pm
melosa wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:53 pm
Kryyg wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:21 am
There are so many safe areas on this game and areas where only a full group or solo Jestin would even attempt a hit. A tiny bit of effort will get you to these areas. I’m not in favor of anything with no quit checks during PK. I’m not against back exits or additional egress modes for both sides in clan areas. Or make purchasing guards part of the clan coffer system - to a limit.

It’s crazy, we are at a time when we probably have the highest percentage of experienced players and we are trying to make it safer and easier because of a few whiners and dunces.
What an absolutely shallow and stupid response. In a time where we are trying to increase player numbers and helping new players grow (and having some limited success in doing so), along comes a veteran player that goes 'Yes, let's call players (with possibly legit concerns) whiners and dunces.' Way to foster a welcoming environment. What a chortlesnorfling tool you are.

Back to the thread:

- Agree that there should not be any 100% safe zones in game.
- Clan zones should be massively stacked in favour of the clan member if they can enter it and an enemy is somehow able to get in (noquit checks on clan doors is... okay).
- Enemies shouldnt just be able to waltz out
- Agree 110% with Sarryn said
This thread stems from the Roberto log. Which happens so infrequently that no changes were really needed. Additionally, so many things in that log were intentional on Roberto’s part in putting himself in danger.

I’m sorry you’re a dunce and don’t realize how the game and PK works. The one log and rare instances this situation happens merits no changes outside of some things I recommended. You guys are making a big deal out of nothing and now no quit changes are actually causing more irritation than this problem (in my veteran experience). Is Glynn and Roberto new people we are trying to retain? I don’t even understand your comment. chortlesnorfling bads shouldn’t be allowed to post. I bet you moved from Seanchan side to FC. Smooth transition.
<3

erulak

Post by erulak » Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:48 pm

⚰️

Mronz

Post by Mronz » Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:22 am

I'd think this is a non-issue. Simply let each clan choose what style entrance they want.

A We love pk, and we want our clan base to be a PKable area, fine.
B: We have no desire to have PK in our clan base, make it safe, Fine.

This idea that no place on the entire game should be safe, I've always found laughable.
I can't vouch for other sides, but on SS, raken base, completely safe, barring someone locating/traveling to reach it. Any rank8, that says no place should be safe, ironic, since they have a 100% safe rank8 house.

So often, people want to force their play style upon others, to the point, that this belief exists, that since some people think there should be no safe zones, except for if you earn it, rank8, then therefore its ok, that everyone else who would like a couple options, to be able to be on the game, and not be at risk of dieing is frowned upon.

Just thoughts from someone that doesn't really mud anylonger.

isabel

Post by isabel » Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:10 pm

Mronz wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:22 am
I'd think this is a non-issue. Simply let each clan choose what style entrance they want.

A We love pk, and we want our clan base to be a PKable area, fine.
B: We have no desire to have PK in our clan base, make it safe, Fine.

This idea that no place on the entire game should be safe, I've always found laughable.
I can't vouch for other sides, but on SS, raken base, completely safe, barring someone locating/traveling to reach it. Any rank8, that says no place should be safe, ironic, since they have a 100% safe rank8 house.

So often, people want to force their play style upon others, to the point, that this belief exists, that since some people think there should be no safe zones, except for if you earn it, rank8, then therefore its ok, that everyone else who would like a couple options, to be able to be on the game, and not be at risk of dieing is frowned upon.

Just thoughts from someone that doesn't really mud anylonger.
Love this. Only thing is I see imms thinking in a diff direction :(