moving ss outpost near tear

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
tsarmina

moving ss outpost near tear

Post by tsarmina » Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:57 pm

motion to move SS outpost zone near Tear to Granlin zone or somewhere further up where ss players can actively participate in the modern game more reliably with some form of mob support.

Was hoping to maximize use and promote pk rather than hinder it with under utilized resources.

Ominas

Re: moving ss outpost near tear

Post by Ominas » Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:44 pm

I think the point is to have a southern point to fast travel to/from while simultaneously providing a smob in the south for stabbers.

Probably be better off just asking for a patty

Elysia

Post by Elysia » Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:57 pm

The area that's now a mini DS camp west of Granlin has been a *oL outpost and a SS one. It wasn't being used by either.

tsarmina

Post by tsarmina » Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:19 pm

hear me out.

Low numbers = low motivation

In order to get involved in 2024, most action is around n zones. It's incredibly hard to play SS right now due to the lack of support anywhere outside of the southwest, tear, and sw of white bridge.

Humans = cities with call mob, mobs galore, everywhere
Trollocs = zone sense, mob support in most parts of the world
Seanchan = still set up like the SW is relevant to anyone besides smobbers.

I just want to be able to play my seanchan with some semblance of hope/chance vs 5x my numbers without having to run 3+ zones away, but beggars can not be choosers. I'll take what I can get. Please consider installing something like this again or similar. preferably up north

Rig

Post by Rig » Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:51 pm

I think we've tried like 3 or 4 different Seanchan iterations of mob support up north and every single time without fail, it ended up with Seanchan just not using it because it didn't have a damane and they'd run all the way to TD or Falme and spam at a damane. That's why I consistently make fun of seanchan, btw.

Kiltwich

Post by Kiltwich » Fri Feb 16, 2024 11:59 pm

When I've used the northern outpost on SS, I find that outpost to be either oppressively too much in small number pk, or woefully inadequate to the point of being more of a death trap than camp when it's 1v multiple.

Make Kajin not auto seanchan (assuming this hasn't been fixed), and also make sure the arafel fort doesn't auto seanchan (including the pike patty), and they have plenty of usable northern pk support.

The current DS iteration is by far the best. it doesn't require LS to dismount for chasing into Dhounds, and it provides a nice step up in support compared to FD fade, with some room to get chasers caught on mobs.

That said, it was very helpful to have a non-ways option to get into northern pk from SS side. A 1-way raken drop into the northern areas that is closer to LS support vice the way gate middle of SG would be handy. Even jumping out of the raken carriage and landing in the zone of the outpost would be enough.

isabel

Post by isabel » Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:06 am

Well, we did have a treaty and kajin/commy didn't aggro SS

There's a lot of things we could have put in place as players but people aren't responsible with what they get.

tsarmina

Post by tsarmina » Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:21 pm

If kajin, commy, ragan, and sted ogier were non aggro to ss, I think that would fix all of it if you don't want to put mobs in a zone. I do think there should be a small outpost somewhere near dark forest, blands, or fd road, with or without a damane, but with small groups of 5,3, and 2 mob groups that you could use to dropback to. Seanchan is an incredibly hard way to master or progress your character. I think they need representation as some of us are insane and want to pursue mastering or more. I think the side could be fun if 2-3 people actively played it more, but as of right now it's so hard to play the side in the current meta that most people opt for more friendlier option filled factions like DS or LS over SS.

I don't understand the point of having SS in the game if the staff has no plans to try and improve the playability or overall enjoyability of playing those characters. I don't mind if they even get rid of it all together, I just think that while it's in the game, it shouldn't be a miserable experience or a boring existence. There's no real motive to play the side right now because you're set up to fail by playing alone in a game that's best experienced in groups of 2+ for a majority of things. I'd argue that 95% of our mobs are in zones where nobody goes outside of a random abs smobber. How is that fun for someone on SS?

I just feel like if we moved the outpost from Tear or other mob support further north, and left it alone, some one would use it, and to be fair it might not be the best pk or experience ever but, right now we don't have anything up there and playing alone is pretty hard for an average player trying to still progress and participate in the game. Not everyone is a secret clan level player, but everyone is a player and still wants to enjoy some fun opportunities to get involved and participate in different parts of the game.

isabel

Post by isabel » Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:58 pm

One RP way you could approach it is to see if you can renew the treaty with Lancers. Then automatically kajin and commy won't aggro.

There are player driven ways it could be done.

Saying this ooc because this has been raised ooc but

1) players refusing to see the spirit of a treaty (ss getting access to North pk and mob support including inside fal dara) and insisting on forcing same side/ ss pk into that side of the map (attacking tower, attacking tower groups with Lancers then trying to get said Lancers declanned etc)

2) at least one player who has now been banned I think - so at least this drama is not an issue but it dragged on with no intervention from other SS to police that

3) people with ss main alts using their rarely played Lancer alts to suddenly and aggressively try to sway the clan, not respecting basic clan rp or active clanmates. I think this above all else put off people who are otherwise all for ss having a fair and fun path to North pk massively.

This stuff is not in staff hands. Staff were so cooperative. When we rped our way to the treaty, they made the changes immediately.

I'm not active now but if I was and SS players wanted FD mob support, I would still back it and I know many would but this time I would want some guarantee on player (not character) behaviour because it sucks to see your main clan have to deal with 40+ pages of disrespectful drama.

Carter

Post by Carter » Mon Feb 19, 2024 12:43 pm

isabel wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:58 pm
One RP way you could approach it is…
100% agree with all she said.
Miss this voice of reason in the game.