moving ss outpost near tear

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Elysia

Re: moving ss outpost near tear

Post by Elysia » Mon Feb 19, 2024 4:03 pm

isabel wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:58 pm
There are player driven ways it could be done.

<>

This stuff is not in staff hands. Staff were so cooperative. When we rped our way to the treaty, they made the changes immediately.
Yeah, I wouldn't change this unless Lancers wanted it changed. And after Seanchan attacked Fal Dara, I can't fault them for being leery. The good thing about the current state of the game is though, that given enough time and effort, you can usually convince people.

Eol

Post by Eol » Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:08 pm

Lancers and Seanchan eh. Brings me back to this horrible story I wrote. Lot of terrible inside jokes, tough to follow. I believe the Imms awarded me negative qps for it.

---

The moon looms large in the sky as the villagers march through the night. Pitch forks catch the light of the blazing torches. Across the drawbridge, two figures stare each other down.

“Lynch Eol,” Ashlee shouts.

The crowd gasps in shock.

‘Eol, Eol, Eol!” a voice yells louder and louder as a man pushes through the crowd.
He throws back his hood to reveal Matheus.

“Kind of in the middle of something,” Eol slowly intones.

“Everybody stay put, I’ll be back in 5 minutes,” Matheus gasps.

“As who? *****?” Ashlee wonders. *Sorry, had to edit out Matheus's alt that everyone knows so I don't get another forum strike.

“Crap, be back in 15. You should all probably head to the blight.” Matheus turns and runs straight to the inn.

In the watch towers high above them the guards begin preparing oil and arrows for Jestin.

The crowds eyes return to Ashlee and Eol.

Ashlee’s hands heft a brutal steel battle axe with grace. Pink ribbons and frills dance from its pommel so that every trolloc knows they’ve been killed by a girl. A look of berserk fury crosses her gaze.

Eol cringes.

The crowd murmurs and a voice whispers “is she a warrior?”

Another loud voice whispers “she’s a lawyer, stupid.”

Confidence returns to Eol’s face and an evil grin emerges from his lips. In a flash he pulls half a toupee from his head revealing a half shaved head. A flick of his wrists sends his gauntlets to the ground revealing apparent lacquered fingernails. Starring down Ashlee he bellows, “Deathwatch guards! Come to my aid!”

Anomander and Zhai step from the crowd with slow lumbering steps and seize Ashlee. Their strong grasp lifts her from the ground and she fights back to no avail.

The crowd gasps and wonders how they never noted that Anomander and Zhai were Deathwatch Ogier!

In a flash of steel Isabel draws a dagger from her belt and plunges it into her heart. “From birth till death I serve the blood!” she shrieks. Confusion is evident on every face.

The ogier drag Ashlee to the noose kicking and screaming. Her cloak is pulled back revealing a long white neck and….

The crowd shrieks, less loudly this time, they are getting hoarse…

“There’s a raven on her neck!” …”she’s a seeker!”

The crowd gasps and look amongst themselves…. Are there no TRUE Lancers left?

“NOT SO FAST!” a strong voice yells.

Armor rattles and steels shines under the moon as a group of men ride into the square on Shienaran warhorses, because warlander is a stupid word.

Larger than life they each seem, true Lancers, who would never surrender to Seandar or let stinky damane into our city. Steele, Madin, Ibiet, Kark, Paitar, Madin again, Lancelaut.

Benito moves to join them, but then remembers he voted for “B”. He frowns and waits for an opportunity to show his TRUE colors!

Kark moves through the crowd passing out a book he wrote. Eol vaguely remembers that Kark said he was going to write a book and just thought someone might find that relevant. The villagers promptly light the books on fire with their torches.

The ladies gasp as they note Ibiet to be naked – “it makes me dodgier” he notes with a wink.

Madin heads for his rank 8 dungeon room. “I got stuff to do!”

The Seanchan and TRUE Lancers stare each other down, hands drifting towards their weapons.

“Stupid fools!” a voice drawls and hisses simultaneously. A hooded figure steps from the shadows.

“Its Rig!” Iden screams. “F%^&* you Rig!”

“It appears to be Cosmo without eyes” Ashlee squeeks through the noose around her neck.

“It is I, Cosmo the fade! I have switched over to the side where I can truly do whatever the hell I want and be a jerk to everyone around me.”

The villagers thought bubbles fill with the names of bossy fades.. Razhak..Razhak, etc.

Suddenly a bar of balefire lights the night burning through Cosmo.

Eyes scan the crowd but ultimately they realize it was just the Creator. A slow clap commences.

Someone yells through the darkness, “Someone come PK me.”

Not a head turns. The archers above begin lighting flaming arrows.

The silence breaks as the Seanchan and Lancers fall upon each other in battle.

Eol pulls the lacquered nails which were actually blighted thorns from his fingernails because he was also a TRUE Lancer all along. He is promptly killed.

Far in the distance the Seanchan General Maeglin plots the destruction of Fal Dara and his hero father Eol. “Damane!” he drawls. “Destroy the city.”

Fire and lightning fall on Fal Dara reducing it to ashes and smoke.

Anyway! I think this story should obviously serve as a foretelling.

To be continued with the Tale of Alerith

isabel

Post by isabel » Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:33 pm

This is absolutely and utterly one of the best stories and wotmud lore ever written. Had me Eol o Eol from start to finish :D

(Traditional RP is one genre of writing (fantasy, adventure), but this and that kryyg minotaur story or this one gaidin app story (I forgot his handle just remember the player) are in that dark comedy / satire genre - I hope no one removes this story and also that we can appreciate that over the years our fandom has developed its own culture and literature and lexicon that is unique to it and uniquely delightful for us.)

Every single roast in that was just so spot on..hard to pick a favourite but I think Benito sitting on the fence one for me was priceless.

Asandra

Post by Asandra » Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:43 am

*claps slowly*

Rig

Post by Rig » Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:57 am

I take offense. Cosmo is not at all comparable to me in skill or looks.

Kryyg

Post by Kryyg » Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:00 pm

Looked for Harold/Kryyg Minotaur epic RP adventure. Couldn't find it.

isabel

Post by isabel » Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:41 pm

Kryyg wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:00 pm
Looked for Harold/Kryyg Minotaur epic RP adventure. Couldn't find it.
Y r u so bad at wotmud

https://forums.wotmud.info/viewtopic.ph ... ilit=Kryyg

Note : I purposely left the highlight in the URL as a learning lesson

langois

Post by langois » Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:26 pm

tsarmina wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:57 pm
motion to move SS outpost zone near Tear to Granlin zone or somewhere further up where ss players can actively participate in the modern game more reliably with some form of mob support.

Was hoping to maximize use and promote pk rather than hinder it with under utilized resources.
delete ss. want north pk? log a human or a troll.