Cumulative TPs or Kills List

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Kryyg

Cumulative TPs or Kills List

Post by Kryyg » Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:56 pm

Ever since I was really bad and died every day but killed a lot I always wanted an account of cumulative TPs and kills to be tracked. I then became real good (like real good) and just killed everyone and never died. Now that I’ve come full circle and I’m back to dying everyday but killing a lot, the idea has sparked again!

I think in 2000 I wanted a seperate list (maybe on the forums and not seen in game) of tracking total kills and deaths of players. Top 10 players who have the most kills…or tps…at the end of the month get like 10 qps or 10000 gold or 10 tokens or something.

I always thought this would support more true courage PK rather than conservative PK.

Rig

Re: Cumulative TPs or Kills List

Post by Rig » Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:26 pm

I like this idea. Besides the cumulative tp part. I think that probably would encourage the opposite. See: Reaver/Ta’veren/Sei’taer lists in the last forever years.

I’d also recommend banning certain clans/classes from participating. I.e. Fades/Warders/Wolfbrother/Talon/Dreadlord/Tower Channeler/etc

I’d also not count multiple kills of the same person over and over again since we’ve always had a problem with 1v1 spam int pk. Although this is probable harder to enforce.

It would be a great way to incentivize pk around a more or less unbonused and even playing field.

Do you think this would be player or immortal executed?

I feel like Draz with all of these questions and unasked for recommendations.

erulak

Post by erulak » Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:44 am

Would rather a running list of the 10 most recent cross-race kills on the game when you view struggle!

It's like Kryyg's idea, but better.

Briannon

Post by Briannon » Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:15 am

erulak wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:44 am
Would rather a running list of the 10 most recent cross-race kills on the game when you view struggle!

Do we really need to put in the coding effort just to see

1) Jork
2) Jork
3) Jork
4) Jork
5) Jork
6) Jork
7) Jork
8) Jork
9) Jork
10) Jork

? :D

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:22 am

You all really underestimate those 1v1s that would dominate the list.

Sarryn

Post by Sarryn » Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:41 am

Would be a cool little thing to see. I'm sure the same people would show up mostly throughout there alts mostly. Some people just are better then others. Usually though skill and knowledge of the game. But a lot of it truly does have to do with link, great gear/setups/bonuses as well. As for the 1 on 1 hate to slightly derail this. I've always been a little curious at the disdain for it from some. Being someone who doesn't like to steamroll people with higher numbers etc. I just don't get the fun in that honestly. Like what's skillful or fun about smacking 1 or 2 people with a channie/bonused/high firepower group? Granted it's fun testing your ability to survive vs that. More of a make a mistake and get reamed situation for sure. I've always enjoyed my fights vs someone skilled say a scrat or rig etc. Though they can be hella long at times, which is probably a big drawback to some. Given were all getting older and time is not of the essence always. Some people equate 1v1's to eq return as well. Never really been in that boat much though, unless it's stuff that is pointless for me to keep. I mean if you never get returned to why should you reciprocate that lol. And nowadays obviously with the blowback on that type of pk it's a lil more not welcome. Though I'd say this game is supposed to be about fun, so whatever floats that boat for you I guess. Anyways! Be a cool little idea for sure. Like rigs points of not including certain clans etc.

Rig

Post by Rig » Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:46 am

erulak wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:44 am

Even better:

Sei/Ta/Rea lists showing the highest kill count instead of “who is amassing the most turn points.” Have it reset automatically at the start of every month or something.

We had Ryalth as Ta’veren 1 for like a decade. Would be neat to see something that’s a little more competitive.

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:08 pm

Sarryn wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:41 am
Would be a cool little thing to see. I'm sure the same people would show up mostly throughout there alts mostly. Some people just are better then others. Usually though skill and knowledge of the game. But a lot of it truly does have to do with link, great gear/setups/bonuses as well. As for the 1 on 1 hate to slightly derail this. I've always been a little curious at the disdain for it from some. Being someone who doesn't like to steamroll people with higher numbers etc. I just don't get the fun in that honestly. Like what's skillful or fun about smacking 1 or 2 people with a channie/bonused/high firepower group? Granted it's fun testing your ability to survive vs that. More of a make a mistake and get reamed situation for sure. I've always enjoyed my fights vs someone skilled say a scrat or rig etc. Though they can be hella long at times, which is probably a big drawback to some. Given were all getting older and time is not of the essence always. Some people equate 1v1's to eq return as well. Never really been in that boat much though, unless it's stuff that is pointless for me to keep. I mean if you never get returned to why should you reciprocate that lol. And nowadays obviously with the blowback on that type of pk it's a lil more not welcome. Though I'd say this game is supposed to be about fun, so whatever floats that boat for you I guess. Anyways! Be a cool little idea for sure. Like rigs points of not including certain clans etc.
I think you've been much better at narrating to get other people involved at possible PK. I don't hate 1v1s, I hate when they are quietly done on repeat. It seems like that gets a lot closer to sparring for QPs. I didn't mean to derail it. It would be fun to read. And even it would make it easier to know who spars back and forth. I can see why what I wrote read as sarcasm. It clearly was downplaying 1v1s. I'm sorry if you took that as a personal attack and for anyone else who enjoys 1v1s. You do you. Just if you narrated more when you were doing it, that would be great!

Sarryn

Post by Sarryn » Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:17 pm

Sparring is the returning of gear and agreed upon fight with parameters. I think if anyone knows me at all, which is kinda doubtful given I've always been a lone wolf type. It's that I don't really talk to much of anyone on this game. So that's a fairly null point. I can think of maybe 1 or 2 people who I've ever returned to on the regular. And there's always things to lose, tps/levels. Granted those are both useless things nowadays and tbh always were. I wasn't feeling personally attacked. Just curious why some peoples views on it are so biased. Honestly curious if people truly feel it's more fun for people/skillful to smack someone who's at severe disadvantage. Either by group or just vulturing etc. Alas at any rate I've normally done it to prevent either A. someone running in right away (cause alot of people do that) b. the chance at getting qps easier c. getting all dat loots for myself :p I get that it doesn't really promote a big collective environment. And maybe that's what draws people back from it. Who's to say! Alas

erulak

Post by erulak » Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:56 pm

Shinobi wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:22 am
You all really underestimate those 1v1s that would dominate the list.
Or do I? :shock: