Projectiles

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Kryyg

Projectiles

Post by Kryyg » Sat Jan 20, 2024 4:05 pm

Langois threw 16 projectiles at me today in like 20 mins. I think thats unfair and it hurt my feelings. I cant PK crit if I can't bash.

Throwing projectile needs to be -50 DB or it needs to not interrupt bash or timer needs to be long enough so you can eat a bash. 350 defense full dodge piercing humans with the ability to flame strike/cancel bash is ridonkulous. Especially when players are who are actually good do it! They should in fact, be ashamed of being so mean and rude.

Harun

Re: Projectiles

Post by Harun » Sat Jan 20, 2024 4:41 pm

Probably time to remove the infinite Fal Dara load.

Rig

Post by Rig » Sat Jan 20, 2024 4:48 pm

And the infinite Keep load

Roberto

Post by Roberto » Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:43 pm

Rogues should do sometthing but stab! Why do they only run stabs!

*someone uses the only other rogue mechaniv*

No, rogues shouldnt do that thing either!

erulak

Post by erulak » Sat Jan 20, 2024 8:55 pm

Projectiles themselves aren't horrible - the fact that you can just buy an unlimited amount of them for the monopoly money that is WoTMUD gold crowns is pretty silly. Even sillier when you realize you can just sell equipment you find in FD barrel/Ram to get your money back. Just a poorly thought out and poorly justified (something like "some people already get them by farming so only fair you can just buy them") addition to the game.

Eol

Post by Eol » Sat Jan 20, 2024 9:30 pm

We talked about this in the LS Rogues thread awhile back. I was fairly against projectiles. I've used them since. If I couldn't buy them I wouldn't use them. I do think there needs to be a way to not get your money back so that the cost is an affliction. A lot of what Kryyg mentioned probably can't be changed ie. bash interruption. Upping weight would probably inflict the most misery. I'm pretty sure my alt is carrying 11 in a pack right now and all sheaths full. That would add up. Throwing knives are 0.2 lbs right now.

One of the things that's interesting to me about humans is they have a lot of practices, but historically I couldn't figure out anything to practice that really changed my life. You max out stuff so your melee is a bit better, but what's it really worth ie. a few more PB, DB. Turns out 85DB and 90DB both get bashed the same. You could get pick but how many doors really needed it. You could get another weapon, but you could only wield 1 weapon at a time. You could practice charge without spears/lances but that's gone now. I even did camo once and with the troll notice changes that would actually be more viable now against people not named Zarth. Bashing weapon + piercing was probably the most viable.

Projectiles are fascinating because they are a truly assymetric add to any build that can afford them. I'm probably slightly skewed because the char I'm using them on has 18% practices as a hunter, but damn - anyone who has practices would potentially be more viable with them. It adds something totally different. Interrupts. Crits. Targeting on bashed opponents. Potentially high OB interrupt against channelers...

Dimmu

Post by Dimmu » Sun Jan 21, 2024 3:47 am

Keep the interrupt, but significantly reduce the damage/allow abs to mitigate the damage. Or make them a one use only item, ie they are destroyed on a successful hit. Clearly the amount that shops sell needs to be addressed to.
Tangentially, give Trollocs an innate 50% bonus to all relevant projectile skills so the throwing love can be spread - maybe then enough angry voices can be heard!!

trynhvar

Post by trynhvar » Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:30 am

special vendor for selling projectiles sounds good. on a totally unselfish and not self-serving note, could be something like a broker that gets stocked by certain people farming said projectiles.

Ryzom

Post by Ryzom » Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:26 am

Dimmu wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 3:47 am
Keep the interrupt, but significantly reduce the damage/allow abs to mitigate the damage. Or make them a one use only item, ie they are destroyed on a successful hit. Clearly the amount that shops sell needs to be addressed to.
Tangentially, give Trollocs an innate 50% bonus to all relevant projectile skills so the throwing love can be spread - maybe then enough angry voices can be heard!!
Damage is affected by chest abs %, which is why you’ll sometimes land for like 50 hp against someone in dodge and 9 against someone in abs. Also, start selling them back to the mob when they get thrown at you!

Penetrator

Post by Penetrator » Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:41 am

Projectiles even as they are now are better for pk than rogues just spamming backstab

That being said
I hate the bash interrupting

Could it be given some sort of penalty like
Fleelag increase?
Lag pulse after some number being thrown?
Lag similar to kick?

Whatever to give the crit (usually abser) some chance to pk.