Projectiles

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Rig

Re: Projectiles

Post by Rig » Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:14 am

Think this problem goes away when we remove the infinite buy loads in Keep and Fal Dara. You do get throw lag, and a bunch of other things like being saddled with low parry during it. The main thing is that you go into pk and someone has a seemingly infinite number of projectiles. Because they do.

Kryyg

Post by Kryyg » Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:18 am

I’m not against them but I wasn’t aware of how easily available they were and between me and this other trolls. - in a short PK session we gave so many of these throwing knives to camp fade. It was limitless. We regen to 80 hps, hit, get dung thrown at us etc.

As for bads complaining about rogues, firetruck that, your melee alone is powerful. Notice now costs mvs which is the biggest bonus to stab, the stab thread is the longest thread, flee stab missed bash stabs bogus mechanics. Etc.

Also, as Eol said, rogues aren’t using this exclusively. And last I checked, while Langois certainly PKs like a fleeing rogue - he certainly isn’t one. :) also, how did I serk bash you at beaten and you avoided both bashed hits.

I had no idea there was an infinite supply in FD. Time to make some decisions. Make them rare and keep them powerful or down them. Also if they are so light, they really should be made heavier.

Sarryn

Post by Sarryn » Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:17 am

While the availability concern is valid. Just like with anything in wotmud. It usually all flows to the top certain players. The ones that always have the best gear etc. stay alive the longest. Best links, chars. You see a lot of successful pkers using projectiles. I don’t see many if any non successful players using them as well/efficiently. Not sure what removing the loads will really do. Tbh they’d just flow to the top. It’s just the wotmud way. Either by obtaining them via trade or killing the ones who farm them.

Personally I think there annoying as fk. Never liked them or the stupid arrows imped. The fact they interrupt bash is pretty dumb. Not sure how to balance them really. They could be downed in certain ways. Weight, damage etc. or just remove them :p Granted rogues spamming stab is annoying af to. The only thing I do like about them is giving rogues another option. But most of the rogues that use them well get plenty of nice stabs already. So it’s a whatever situation.

langois

Post by langois » Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:30 am

I don't think projectiles should interrupt bash. They do lots of damage as they are and that is a perfectly good function of them. Having them also perform the function of kick is over the top imo.

elara

Post by elara » Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:36 am

easy fix, make real short blades (jades, cc's, redstones, basilards, katars, basically any half way decent sblade you actually care about) throwable. The upside is you get an ice spike equivalent damage roll if it lands. The downside, you don't get your knife back if it fails. Dagger has to be H/H to do the damage.

Now it's a rogue finisher, but with a major risk associated. Best I got on short notice.

arjuna

Post by arjuna » Sun Jan 21, 2024 11:18 am

I was baffled when I saw that unlimited loads had been added to FD and RK, since I thought having to collect and use ammunition was one of the primary balancing features of projectiles. These loads should be removed.

Also, only crit-hits from projectiles should interrupt bash

erulak

Post by erulak » Sun Jan 21, 2024 2:45 pm

arjuna wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 11:18 am

arston

Post by arston » Sun Jan 21, 2024 5:04 pm

arjuna wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 11:18 am
I was baffled when I saw that unlimited loads had been added to FD and RK, since I thought having to collect and use ammunition was one of the primary balancing features of projectiles. These loads should be removed.

lol funny story, the throwing axes got removed from the muscular men in misties bc it was too easy for certain players to farm them with flails/projectiles, infinite load of better projectiles added to fd either same day or same week cant remember

arston

Post by arston » Sun Jan 21, 2024 5:35 pm

but yeah with the way projectiles are its basically a no brainer. prac it 3x and you can hit any bashed target, even a warrior can afford 9 pracs. Or prac palm/backstab 91% each and you can crit like 1/3 of the time (which breaks bash), means even a rare, non-club is gonna get 8 hits for every 11 projectiles that land (assuming 65% bash chance and every projectile and bashed hit lands), and if split defense its basically guaranteed to land every projectile, and projectiles do way more damage than a regular hit (same damage as heron g without a crit).

And if spending 500 crowns to be stronger in pk in every way for a day is a hinderance then you can always go lose your 5,000 gold rare instead

Jestin

Post by Jestin » Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:53 am

I think projectiles are fine how they are, the lag and the timer when you don't sheath/draw properly is a pretty big deterrent to use them effectively in pk. And the damage isn't that great anyway. I think the problem is them interrupting bash, that should just be eliminated.

The bigger problem is 400+ hp stabbing, high db/pb high wil characters in general (aka rogues). Just completely caters to a low risk player style that is a cancer to all other players around them (allies and opennents alike). The latest shenanigans with Sobek are a great example of this. Stab needs to be adjusted to no longer be able to kill in pk - make it a % of remaining hps. Then up landing percentage and even up damage on projectiles to help them finish their opponents after a stab. Finally, max hps should be limited to the 340 hp range similar to channelers. I think this would make rogues more fun to play with and against, and honestly the good ones might even get more kills this way.