Not Rank 8 Zone sense

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
erulak

Re: Not Rank 8 Zone sense

Post by erulak » Sat Dec 23, 2023 11:28 pm

Nevaeh wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 11:20 pm
erulak wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 11:10 pm
Got it - so gate isn't necessary to move groups large distances quickly. Don't see what the argument is then.

Sorry these hordes of new players are such a burden to you, but I recommend not viewing them as burdens - maybe they'd be more comfortable just asking for "good people" to equip them if they didn't feel like such burdens. :(
Well... you have compel, you have refresh, you have portal stones, you have ways

Thats four ways to move groups large distances quickly.
Exactly - and didn't horse lead just get changed to make it way easier to dism lead in groups? Definitely ways to capitalize on that.

Nevaeh

Post by Nevaeh » Sat Dec 23, 2023 11:33 pm

I think so. It would actually be faster if you didn't even use horses. On DS, your groups don't really need horses anyways.

Rig

Post by Rig » Sun Dec 24, 2023 12:44 am

I don't have a clue how you got any of that from what I said. Keep up.

I said gate/locate/zone sense barely affects high-caliber smobbing. It's main use is in dragging large groups around, and it lowers the "cost" in bringing new players around to equip them both in speed (because of both reduced speeds from not knowing horse loads or being able to dism/ride for refreshes fast enough) and risk (either moving faster than any trollocs can move, or not leaving tracks both keeps you safe, if you have neither then its added risk).

not sure how you got a gating smob group out of: I promise you if the players of me, draz and shinji have one channie between us we can outrun any group of trollocs with vials and autotrack even without gate if we wanted to, or catch up to any of them following tracks
The part where you said catch up. The part I highlighted. I’m telling you that if you’re saying you’re really that fast and if Gate/Zone sense is as minimal a barrier as you say, then I’d love to see you do it. I don’t care how fast you think you are or are not moving without it if you’re leaving tracks.

arston

Post by arston » Sun Dec 24, 2023 5:15 am

Rig wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2023 12:44 am

I said gate/locate/zone sense barely affects high-caliber smobbing. It's main use is in dragging large groups around, and it lowers the "cost" in bringing new players around to equip them both in speed (because of both reduced speeds from not knowing horse loads or being able to dism/ride for refreshes fast enough) and risk (either moving faster than any trollocs can move, or not leaving tracks both keeps you safe, if you have neither then its added risk).

not sure how you got a gating smob group out of: I promise you if the players of me, draz and shinji have one channie between us we can outrun any group of trollocs with vials and autotrack even without gate if we wanted to, or catch up to any of them following tracks
The part where you said catch up. The part I highlighted. I’m telling you that if you’re saying you’re really that fast and if Gate/Zone sense is as minimal a barrier as you say, then I’d love to see you do it. I don’t care how fast you think you are or are not moving without it if you’re leaving tracks.
I highlighted that part. also most trollocs that have vials and autotrack dont also have gate, if you find one let me know

Ominas

Post by Ominas » Sun Dec 24, 2023 5:28 am

This thread is so weird man.

I’m calling the police. I feel like I’ve been assaulted just by reading it. You guys are going to jail. On Christmas. I hope you’re all happy.

Rig

Post by Rig » Sun Dec 24, 2023 7:12 am

arston wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2023 5:15 am
Rig wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2023 12:44 am

I highlighted that part. also most trollocs that have vials and autotrack dont also have gate, if you find one let me know
Right, I highlighted the catch up to them part in a previous post. Also yes, I agree, most of them don’t have the use of gate. Pretty easy to catch up to things that leave tracks. However, I’m specifically asking how you would plan on chasing them if they are using gate. As that is where the contention comes from my posts.

raal

Post by raal » Sun Dec 24, 2023 11:09 am

The ride and dismount new coding bonus is an absolute boon to leading riding groups around. This is the best new development for smobbing and I will add my little twist and hopefully it becomes commonplace and can be added to mudlet and other ram jammers:

This is for cmud:

<trigger priority="2240" id="224">
<pattern>@leader starts riding a </pattern>
<value>ride</value>
</trigger>

Same for dismount and lead, you just do what they do!

isabel

Post by isabel » Sun Dec 24, 2023 12:30 pm

I think Arston is saying that gate and zone sense are superfluous to good smobbers because even with newbies in the group, they can always stay ahead.

And I think rig is saying that when gate is used it's basically no way for one side to interact with the other.

So Arston is saying - it doesn't matter that gate smobbers cannot be chased, because good smobbers cannot be chased anyway.

erulak

Post by erulak » Sun Dec 24, 2023 1:09 pm

isabel wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2023 12:30 pm
I think Arston is saying that gate and zone sense are superfluous to good smobbers because even with newbies in the group, they can always stay ahead.
That was my takeaway too, but unlike Rig, I can read.

Just think it's terrible reasoning. Why don't I just get characters at 1000 qps? We all know I'm going to master anyways.

Rig

Post by Rig » Sun Dec 24, 2023 1:34 pm

erulak wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2023 1:09 pm
[quote=isabel post_id=153290 time=<a href="tel:1703439053">1703439053</a> user_id=1479]
That was my takeaway too, but unlike Rig, I can read.

Just think it's terrible reasoning. Why don't I just get characters at 1000 qps? We all know I'm going to master anyways.
[/quote]

Yes. I understood that part. Ya goofs! But I disagree that they can stay ahead from everyone while simultaneously leaving tracks ;)