Rank 8 Zone Sense

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Rig

Rank 8 Zone Sense

Post by Rig » Wed Dec 20, 2023 12:52 am

Can we give this back? We kind of dung the bed when we all talked about it, decided there was way too much zone sense if we were including rank 8's, and then immediately after taking it from them we gave it to ALL Sedai regardless of bond status.

I've done some really hard math, and some long nights of testing, and I've somehow come out with the fact that there are substantially more Aes Sedai than there are rank 8's.

isabel

Re: Rank 8 Zone Sense

Post by isabel » Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:56 am

Uhhhhhh

Said this

Years ago

!!!!!

Rank 8 only perk that truly mattered ..great for pk. Not an RP thing.

Also channelers have a dung ton of bonuses by just existing (and I have 2 sedais)

Sarryn

Post by Sarryn » Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:42 am

Agreed was a silly change. Seemed like a nice perk for ls especially to slightly give us something cool.

Kitiara

Post by Kitiara » Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:22 am

Bookish it should be all channelers who have channeled for a significant amount of time, so rank 5 makes sense. Im always in favor of bookish features.

Also the bonus has made it less desirable for an AS to bond... pretty much bonding sucks for AS unless your warder is on. (i would be curious if this has impacted bonding rates)

But maybe its bad for game balance... /shrug...

EDIT: Could totally see reasoning that only Rank 7+ channelers get zone sense instead of rank 5... but easy for me to say as I only play one character who is already rank 7 :?

Fermin

Post by Fermin » Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:39 am

Would be nice if there was some actual selection of PK type bonuses at Rank 8...

Things like:
Berserk attack
Moves cap
Zone Sense
+50 practices

Harun

Post by Harun » Wed Dec 20, 2023 3:27 pm

It seems like the problem you're concerned with is that too easy right now for large groups to roll around without danger, know when enemies are near, and exit the situation at will. For balance, I'd probably target mobility over anything else right now. Gate and portal stones should probably be removed for the good of the game.

I can see some useful (or at least interesting) alterations to sense. One possibility would be making skulls block sense. That would give a chance for, say, a stabber to get a shot at a stab before they're sensed. I think that would only be balanced if the item broke on receiving No Quit from a PC. A different version of that would be turning in a scalp somewhere in RK to receive an undetectable status (guessing that's easier to code than an item that shatters.)

langois

Post by langois » Wed Dec 20, 2023 5:27 pm

Maybe I’m missing something but the extra rank 8 damage, the extra stat and the issuable super weapon all seem like good pk perks.

I’m rolling around 19,19,19 with a 17.5 5d8 1h weapon. Doesn’t seem impoverished to me.

Don’t bring back rank 8 zone sense. Do bring back zone sense for bonded pairs only and make it so that they both need to be online and within the same zone for it to work.

Briannon

Post by Briannon » Wed Dec 20, 2023 5:59 pm

Kitiara wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:22 am
Bookish it should be all channelers who have channeled for a significant amount of time, so rank 5 makes sense. Im always in favor of bookish features.

Also the bonus has made it less desirable for an AS to bond... pretty much bonding sucks for AS unless your warder is on. (i would be curious if this has impacted bonding rates)

But maybe its bad for game balance... /shrug...

EDIT: Could totally see reasoning that only Rank 7+ channelers get zone sense instead of rank 5... but easy for me to say as I only play one character who is already rank 7 :?
If we're talking pure RP reasons, this is correct. All highly ranked channelers would have it, since it's an aspect of working with the one power. Technically this would mean DLs should have it.... :lol:

It seems like the problem you're concerned with is that too easy right now for large groups to roll around without danger, know when enemies are near, and exit the situation at will.
There's been a lot of complaining about gate lately by a relatively small group of vocal people, and I would say it's been more beneficial to activity and keeping people logged in than not. Plus, the large smobs groups are a temporary effect due to the loader/holiday stuff, and the massive smobbing will go away after the holidays once loaders are removed. It is just where the incentive are temporarily. Primary pkers will go back to pking primarily and all the smob gear will be repo'd by the pkers.

Fermin

Post by Fermin » Wed Dec 20, 2023 6:27 pm

my bad, guess I went for rank on the wrong class, would have been nice if they did all the nerfs before i put the time in.

langois

Post by langois » Wed Dec 20, 2023 6:42 pm

Fermin wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 6:27 pm
my bad, guess I went for rank on the wrong class, would have been nice if they did all the nerfs before i put the time in.
When I was young all we got was a retool mob and a storage cupboard and we liked it just fine