Rank 8 Zone Sense

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Fyra

Re: Rank 8 Zone Sense

Post by Fyra » Thu Dec 21, 2023 4:09 pm

Rig wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2023 4:05 pm
Fyra wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2023 4:04 pm
erulak wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2023 4:00 pm
How exactly do you "gank" a full group consisting of at least one Sedai and, more often not, multiple masters and warders? To quote from your first post in this thread, is the implication that full on Aes Sedai + Masters etc. are simply "unsuspecting travelers"?
In some scenarios, it's a full group like that. In others, it's a few. In some, it's a lone Aes Sedai solo smobbing and using gates. When talking about zone sense, it's often times someone solo using zone sense to avoid being ganked.
Zone sense doesn't give you numbers. How do you know you're getting ganked?
As I stated earlier, more times than not, they are traveling in groups, or have others to call in once you get low. Could it be an opportunity for one v one that time? Sure. Are most taking that risk considering history and odds? Nope.

Rig

Post by Rig » Thu Dec 21, 2023 4:12 pm

Fyra wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2023 4:09 pm
Rig wrote:
Fyra wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2023 4:04 pm

In some scenarios, it's a full group like that. In others, it's a few. In some, it's a lone Aes Sedai solo smobbing and using gates. When talking about zone sense, it's often times someone solo using zone sense to avoid being ganked.
As I stated earlier, more times than not, they are traveling in groups, or have others to call in once you get low. Could it be an opportunity for one v one that time? Sure. Are most taking that risk considering history and odds? Nope.
Yea? You just know that there is a huge group because you see Shadowspawn zone? I want the zone sense this guy has. This obviously is *only* a thing that happens on LS. This is exactly the problem scenario that i'm talking about. You are openly admitting that seeing shadowspawn with zone sense = getting ganked in your mind every time.
Last edited by Rig on Thu Dec 21, 2023 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fyra

Post by Fyra » Thu Dec 21, 2023 4:13 pm

Rig wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2023 4:12 pm
Fyra wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2023 4:09 pm
Rig wrote:

Yea? You just know that there is a huge group because you see Shadowspawn zone? I want the zone sense this guy has. This obviously is *only* a thing that happens on LS.
If you brush up on your reading comprehension, you'll note that I didn't claim to KNOW. I claimed that people play the odds based off their personal experiences and history. I also never claimed it only happens on LS.

Rig

Post by Rig » Thu Dec 21, 2023 4:16 pm

Yea, so the entire basis of my argument re: zone sense bad was that players saw zone sense, and then immediately leave. You are sitting here saying "yes, they leave because they're going to get ganked" which is quite literally the problem I mentioned with everyone having zone sense. You're not comprehending what i'm saying at all if you think that there isn't an issue.

Fyra

Post by Fyra » Thu Dec 21, 2023 4:19 pm

Rig wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2023 4:16 pm
Yea, so the entire basis of my argument re: zone sense bad was that players saw zone sense, and then immediately leave. You are sitting here saying "yes, they leave because they're going to get ganked" which is quite literally the problem I mentioned with everyone having zone sense. You're not comprehending what i'm saying at all if you think that there isn't an issue.
I'm agreeing many will leave. I'm just saying, maybe it's not a bad thing that glass cannon Aes Sedai have an avenue to not get ganked. Where are the complaints about spawn having smells? Not only can you see when humans are in a zone, but they actually DO get numbers. Isn't that more unbalanced then SOME ls players getting zone sense that doesn't involve numbers?

Rig

Post by Rig » Thu Dec 21, 2023 4:21 pm

Fyra wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2023 4:19 pm
Rig wrote:
I'm agreeing many will leave. I'm just saying, maybe it's not a bad thing that glass cannon Aes Sedai have an avenue to not get ganked. Where are the complaints about spawn having smells? Not only can you see when humans are in a zone, but they actually DO get numbers. Isn't that more unbalanced then SOME ls players getting zone sense that doesn't involve numbers?
Yea, we can agreeing to disagree. Seeing zone =/= getting ganked. Numbered smells for trollocs are balanced because you can just dismount and you're gone. Zone sense for the majority of LS has 0 malus associated. That's why there aren't any complaints about it.

erulak

Post by erulak » Thu Dec 21, 2023 4:24 pm

Numbered smells for trolls also limited to certain zones, and pretty much none of them are "raided" zones.

Rig

Post by Rig » Thu Dec 21, 2023 4:24 pm

Also only goes up to 4 mounted humans. Give's 0 indication otherwise on if there are more.

Fyra

Post by Fyra » Thu Dec 21, 2023 4:27 pm

Rig wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2023 4:21 pm
Fyra wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2023 4:19 pm
Rig wrote:
Yea, we can agreeing to disagree. Seeing zone =/= getting ganked. Numbered smells for trollocs are balanced because you can just dismount and you're gone. Zone sense for the majority of LS has 0 malus associated. That's why there aren't any complaints about it.
Please, LS don't run around without horses. DS won't get caught unaware by an LS group hunting them. LS can dismount to avoid being caught while being chased. However, they won't chase unmounted. That means DS always have a way of being able to avoid pk or ganking by 4 or more v 1 if they want to. In fact, they have an easier way because they get the numbers. They can just leave the zone if they smell many humans on horses. LS can only avoid unwanted PK if they're Aes Sedai and have zone sense. And they can only guess if they're going to be ganked or not, because they don't ANY get numbers. But you think this balances toward LS? You're right, we'll have to agree to disagree on that.

Rig

Post by Rig » Thu Dec 21, 2023 4:32 pm

Yea, it's balanced because there are limitations and a malus associated with a *situationally* stronger version. I know that we have a hard time understanding that around here. You're just proving my point time and time again by admitting multiple times that zone sense is used, regardless of form, to avoid player interaction.