Rank 8 Zone Sense

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Harker

Re: Rank 8 Zone Sense

Post by Harker » Thu Dec 21, 2023 3:42 pm

Rig wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2023 3:35 pm
Hit fbl, fdl, Gorthel, pravus,rep maiden,dwc, smitty. Picked some random smobs. High % loads. Then turn all of your basics into stubs. High number of trinks.
You can turn in one stub per day. Also people have to buy the trinkets from the market which is not as Swift as you would think.

Rig

Post by Rig » Thu Dec 21, 2023 3:51 pm

Tanak wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2023 3:41 pm
Rig wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2023 3:35 pm
Hit fbl, fdl, Gorthel, pravus,rep maiden,dwc, smitty. Picked some random smobs. High % loads. Then turn all of your basics into stubs. High number of trinks.
Wait, KMG can turn basics into a bunch of stubs, and then buy their own trinks that get produced in the market? In large quantities? You don't actually have a kmg, do you? ;)
I do. Nothing I said changes anything that I said before. They wanted 10 smobs that get you 5 sids. I chose 7 and made 5 sids. Never said anything about buying your own trinks, creating stubs, or how often other people buy them. I know it’s probably not the *instant* gratification that you thought I was talking about, but I’d say 5 sids every couple days is pretty fruitful. Not including literally any other loads.

Rig

Post by Rig » Thu Dec 21, 2023 3:52 pm

Anyway, again, just admit we want an idle rpg farming sim, this conversation gets so much easier

Fyra

Post by Fyra » Thu Dec 21, 2023 3:57 pm

Rig wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2023 3:52 pm
Anyway, again, just admit we want an idle rpg farming sim, this conversation gets so much easier
Rig, others buy the sids that KMG puts stubs up for. Your argument is more against the market and KMG than gate smobbing. KMG doesn't even get the trinks from their stubs, they get QPs from OTHERS buying them.

Maybe, the anti-gate/zone sense crowd could just admit they want easier scalps by ganking non-PKers, and this conversation would get so much easier.

erulak

Post by erulak » Thu Dec 21, 2023 4:00 pm

How exactly do you "gank" a full group consisting of at least one Sedai and, more often not, multiple masters and warders? To quote from your first post in this thread, is the implication that full on Aes Sedai + Masters etc. are simply "unsuspecting travelers"?

Rig

Post by Rig » Thu Dec 21, 2023 4:03 pm

Fyra wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2023 3:57 pm
Rig wrote:
Rig, others buy the sids that KMG puts stubs up for. Your argument is more against the market and KMG than gate smobbing. KMG doesn't even get the trinks from their stubs, they get QPs from OTHERS buying them.

Maybe, the anti-gate/zone sense crowd could just admit they want easier scalps by ganking non-PKers, and this conversation would get so much easier.
I know others buy the sids. I have a KMG. I'm well aware of how it works. My argument isn't against the market or KMG. My argument is that if people want sids, there is a huge avenue of sids that exists with very little needed to be successful. You asked for a list for 5 sids, I gave you one.
Last edited by Rig on Thu Dec 21, 2023 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fyra

Post by Fyra » Thu Dec 21, 2023 4:04 pm

erulak wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2023 4:00 pm
How exactly do you "gank" a full group consisting of at least one Sedai and, more often not, multiple masters and warders? To quote from your first post in this thread, is the implication that full on Aes Sedai + Masters etc. are simply "unsuspecting travelers"?
In some scenarios, it's a full group like that. In others, it's a few. In some, it's a lone Aes Sedai solo smobbing and using gates. When talking about zone sense, it's often times someone solo using zone sense to avoid being ganked.

Rig

Post by Rig » Thu Dec 21, 2023 4:05 pm

Fyra wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2023 4:04 pm
erulak wrote:
In some scenarios, it's a full group like that. In others, it's a few. In some, it's a lone Aes Sedai solo smobbing and using gates. When talking about zone sense, it's often times someone solo using zone sense to avoid being ganked.
Zone sense doesn't give you numbers. How do you know you're getting ganked?

Fyra

Post by Fyra » Thu Dec 21, 2023 4:07 pm

Rig wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2023 4:03 pm
Fyra wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2023 3:57 pm
Rig wrote:

I know others buy the sids. I have a KMG. I'm well aware of how it works. My argument isn't against the market or KMG. My argument is that if people want sids, there is a huge avenue of sids that exists with very little needed to be successful. You asked for a list for 5 sids, I gave you one.
Your argument about the market providing ample sids does absolutely nothing to counter the joke made that using gates to smob 10 smobs for a sid is not high reward. You counter that by saying, "well, you can get actually like 5 if you use a kmg, put sets on market for 1 stub a day for 5 days, and then buy your sids?" Come on man.... really?

erulak

Post by erulak » Thu Dec 21, 2023 4:08 pm

Fyra wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2023 4:04 pm
erulak wrote:
Let's assume, for the sake of argument, that literally nobody's default association with gate is one person solo smobbing. And since the conversation has fully gone towards gate, let's also not assume that we're exclusively talking about LS actively gating away from potential PK, since certain people on DS do and have done exactly that too.