Rank 8 Zone Sense

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Draconus

Re: Rank 8 Zone Sense

Post by Draconus » Thu Dec 21, 2023 5:24 pm

The argument is that gate/zone sense creates an enviroment where it allows people to smob for rares (high reward) with very low risk (avoiding pk).

This enviroment only rewards people who want an easy time to farm rares.

There should always be a high element of risk when one has the chance of getting end game gear... That risk is the potentiality of dying.

The only people arguing against this are people that want to get the best gear in the game with very minimal effort and risk.

Hell, forget the whole argument of the need for there being an element of risk when farming for heron's... There should at least be a mediocorum of effort instead of using 1 weave, move 3 rooms, slay a mob and repeat...

Rig

Post by Rig » Thu Dec 21, 2023 5:28 pm

Draconus sums it up nicely. I'm pretty sure everyone who thinks these items are bad also want to kill people and are openly admitting to want to kill people.

Fyra

Post by Fyra » Thu Dec 21, 2023 5:36 pm

Fixed your overgeneralizations with other overgeneralizations:

The argument is that removing gate/zone sense creates an environment where it allows people to gank smobbers for rares and scalps (high reward) with very low risk (avoiding quality pk against good PKers).

This environment only rewards people who want an easy time to farm rares, scalps, and aqps.

There should always be a high element of risk when one has the chance of getting end game gear and advance in the path toward fade... That risk is the potentiality of dying to good PKers in quality PK.

The only people arguing to rid the game of gate and zone sense this people that want to get the easy scalps, rares, and aqps with minimal effort and risk.

Briannon

Post by Briannon » Thu Dec 21, 2023 5:40 pm

Again, I'd argue these high rewards, loads of rares and huge smob groups that we have been seeing are temporary with holiday stuff. People will go back to pking as they normally would, and smobbing will trail back down to lower levels like it was previously. People should enjoy the holiday loaders and quests and such for what they are, and the activity and long log-ins they have fostered. You weren't seeing these huge smob groups much any more prior to the holiday loaders, and DS cityhead hits that happened for a few weeks a couple years ago stopped when the rewards changed. If a holiday bonus was added to pk scalps, you'd see a lot more people flocking to pk instead of the smobbing and a 1-2 / 7+ chance at a random rare.

I am also not saying to NOT kill smobbers, I'm just saying there are tactics to play around the gating/zone sense that isn't very difficult with the right group composition and prac setup. Doesn't work on my random trolloc, unfortunately.

Draconus

Post by Draconus » Thu Dec 21, 2023 5:43 pm

I wonder why I dont listen to my own advice and waste time debating with idiots...

You are right Fyra, everyone claiming gate/zone sense should be removed are pkr's that are looking for easy scalps and eq. Good ol Rig trying to cheese his way to r8 fade!

erulak

Post by erulak » Thu Dec 21, 2023 5:43 pm

Briannon wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2023 5:13 pm
Except that often the people with the intent to try and chase down smobbers aren't actually looking for fun 'pk', they're looking for easy smobber kills, since most of the time smobbers (and many pure smobbing sedai) are frankly not very good at pk. Nothing wrong with the world being dangerous, let's just call it what it is.
It's never not amusing to me how much we infantilize other people smobbing in an attempt to make a point.

"Aww wook at this wittle gwoup of seven wif two sedai, a wawder, and thwee other masters just wipe for the pwicking!"

Fyra

Post by Fyra » Thu Dec 21, 2023 5:48 pm

Draconus wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2023 5:43 pm
I wonder why I dont listen to my own advice and waste time debating with idiots...

You are right Fyra, everyone claiming gate/zone sense should be removed are pkr's that are looking for easy scalps and eq. Good ol Rig trying to cheese his way to r8 fade!
You started with the overgeneralizations, and I continued with them. You don't like overgeneralizations sent your way, don't make them yourself. Not every LS in here just wants all dem rares with 0 risk. You don't want to read idiotic arguments, then don't levy them toward others.

Rig

Post by Rig » Thu Dec 21, 2023 6:04 pm

Saying big smob groups using gate and zone sense =/= everyone on LS or everyone on DS. There aren’t any over generalized parts of this at all. Except for the part where you are getting pressed because I keep saying you want high reward low risk gameplay.

Rig

Post by Rig » Thu Dec 21, 2023 6:08 pm

So far your argument has taken a few different steps.

1. People use zone sense to save themselves from getting ganked and leave when they see zone.
2. Gate and zone sense is not used to run when someone is seen zone.
3. DS has a better bonus.
4. You don’t want easy rewards for no risk.
5. It’s a lot riskier for people than I’m making it out to be.
6. DS just wants free kills and gear.

arston

Post by arston » Thu Dec 21, 2023 6:10 pm

Rig wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2023 3:20 pm
I don't know what game you guys are playing, but smob loads getting changed months ago do not = 10 smobs for 1 side. Try more like 1 sid every 2 smobs. lol. Especially for KMG and with the plethora of basics loads being upped + gold combo basics being upped. Trinks galore.
again off topic, you could have a whole thread on how many things are wrong in that statement