Dark Tower movie

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Nettle

Re: Dark Tower movie

Post by Nettle » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:55 am

Well, I didn't want to give away any spoilers for those who haven't read the books. I think anyone who's read the books will know what I'm referring to. It's just my opinion, many people feel differently.

Simmer down Nadias. Did I knock your ice cream in the dirt or something?

Iskveri

Post by Iskveri » Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:08 am

I remember reading it til about book 5 or 6, then losing interest I think. I never saw what the fuss was about, myself. It was just a lot of running about and talking with the occasional (derivative) event that reminded me more of better books they were borrowed from. I got curious again when I heard the last book was out and picked it up to finally see how he ended it, then being pretty disappointed. The main bad dude the whole series was about gets chumped out in silly, unsatisfying fashion while the Really Big, Big Bad is a poorly thought out nobody who ends up "dying" in a cartoonishly silly way. The end was an oh-so-typical "not-ending" that modern fantasy writers just seem to love doing these days which made me wonder why anyone would feel the whole thing was worth their time.

I've no idea why writers these days cannot bring themselves to write actual endings to things anymore. It's like they're actually afraid they might put off someone somewhere.

Spyder

Post by Spyder » Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:01 pm

Nadias wrote:
Nettle wrote:I loved this series up until King's ego ruined it.
What universe do you live in? I literally read this and rolled my eyes. You should at least give examples of how his ego ruined it for you. No matter how pathetic your opinion is, people WILL read it and wonder why you type stupid things like this. Keep that in mind for the future.
Perhaps rather than berating someone like a child throwing a f**king dummy spit, you could just ask them to further explain why they came to this conclusion about the series. Your agreement or disagreement with someones OPINION should never be cause for you to call them or their opinions/ideas pathetic, everyone is different and opinions are subjective.

Pull your head in.

Lord Pe

Post by Lord Pe » Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:04 pm

Go then. There are other worlds than these.

I do not kill with my gun, he who kills with his gn has forgotten the face of his father. A gunslinger kills with his heart..

My fav set of books i get completly immersed in the world when i read em. Also when i read any king i look for connectiona.

And i know why nett gave up we discussed it before ... He dislikes the voice of gan.

Charyou tree!