Transferring Gear Mobol

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Eol

Re: Transferring Gear Mobol

Post by Eol » Wed Dec 27, 2023 2:59 pm

Why can't Taleena just hold the gear for Davor? ;)

Elysia

Re: Transferring Gear Mobol

Post by Elysia » Wed Dec 27, 2023 2:59 pm

It can't store passwords. It can store a name to check for later. So basically I can tell it to "wait for Elytest". Then it stores "Elytest". Then later it can go "is Elytest in the room? Great, do the thing!" or "you're not Elytest! Don't do the thing!". That would make the transfer pretty foolproof and only to one character.

Seeing how clan doors are way more reliable than things pertaining to containers, I am not comfortable risking one room with Chest1, Crate2, Safe3, Cupboard4 and making sure Crate2 is opened when Elytest is there. At least when it's an entire room, I can have mobol flag a room as ready for use and have mobol state that there's a room ready for use.

I'm sure next, someone will say "how many rooms would you need, one would be enough, right?". Given the amount of items we see hidden with some regularity and the then accessibility to a reliable service, it would have to be more than one. Also, it would only be fair if DS and SS had access to the same, so even if LS gets 5 rooms, DS gets 4 and SS gets 3... that's a lot of rooms, a lot of moving parts.

It's a shame, because it would be a neat Daes Dae'mar thing too.

Additional consideration: a timer to destroy each room after X amount of boots, so it can't be used as a permanent megastorage.