ignore command

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
erulak

Re: ignore command

Post by erulak » Tue Dec 05, 2023 4:56 pm

Nylen wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 4:36 pm
As someone who has never used the 'ignore' command, I don't really see why we would need a specific coding change to make it block even more.
Luckily, you don't need to have used the 'ignore' command achieve the same thing the hand-wringing on this thread is about by logging on Discord and WoTMUD with 5 buddies and silently smobbing while ignoring anyone else who logs on to the same side you are on. If you have done that (and I certainly have), you have already done worse than the worst of the "abuse and negatives" something like this could possibly result in.

vittak

Post by vittak » Tue Dec 05, 2023 5:23 pm

I know this is off topic but there has been some great smob runs on DS with people like Axxye, Rig, Teveyl, Scrat, Kryyg and Nevaeh leading. In addition due to the design of Tar smobs almost the whole who list has been invited. It has been lots of fun! Great addition to the game!

Nevaeh

Post by Nevaeh » Tue Dec 05, 2023 6:15 pm

erulak wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 4:56 pm
Nylen wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 4:36 pm
As someone who has never used the 'ignore' command, I don't really see why we would need a specific coding change to make it block even more.
Luckily, you don't need to have used the 'ignore' command achieve the same thing the hand-wringing on this thread is about by logging on Discord and WoTMUD with 5 buddies and silently smobbing while ignoring anyone else who logs on to the same side you are on. If you have done that (and I certainly have), you have already done worse than the worst of the "abuse and negatives" something like this could possibly result in.
All are welcome! We were even able to contribute to the Revescaal ring pack the other day. Anyone online... come one come all!

Roberto

Post by Roberto » Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:59 am

I support anyone being able to ignore me at any time!

erulak

Post by erulak » Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:39 am

Roberto wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:59 am
I support anyone being able to ignore me at any time!
If you can't hear the people who don't want to hear you, it might result in the end of all thing!

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Sat Dec 30, 2023 7:11 pm

Ignore doesn't block says or in-person communication. It likely doesn't block emotes. And if you ignore someone you can spam send them tells but not receive them.

Those seem like bugs.

Harker

Post by Harker » Sat Dec 30, 2023 7:46 pm

If you're on a client you can probably find something like #gag however this might be dangerous if this person is your actual enemy.

Yeri

Post by Yeri » Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:28 pm

Recommend converting this script to Mudlet so we can all ignore each other: https://forums.wotmud.info/viewtopic.ph ... 467#p13467

dorthy

Post by dorthy » Sun Dec 31, 2023 1:02 pm

I feel like people need to grow up :lol:

isabel

Post by isabel » Sun Dec 31, 2023 3:57 pm

Have used ignore extensively.

Sometimes I put 90% of the who list on ignore! It does skew comms but then you can just type listen none and that sorts it out.

It actually would be good if it was two-way because honestly it causes less confusion.

And also there is always a trade off for being obnoxious and this is it - people don't want to play with you. No one is entitled to have people pk with or agains them. If you aren't going to treat people and the game with respect or care about anothe rplayers playing experience then don't be surprised that they ignore you.

And as for people playing with just their friends ..that's always bound to happen in social situations. You still aren't entitled to be "included". I say that as someone with no such friend group! There's so much to do on the game though..ignore everyone and do whatever you feel like :)