Suggestion: Allow any male channelers a class change after being gentled

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Sarinda

Suggestion: Allow any male channelers a class change after being gentled

Post by Sarinda » Fri Nov 24, 2023 7:18 pm

After changes to taint were previewed, male channelers in the Dragonsworn clan in particular were allowed an offer to remain a male channeler, or to be gentled and switched to a hunter or warrior character with prerolled stats.

I have always thought that male channelers had no end game options that were meaningful other than becoming a vanilla same-side murderer, or a darkfriend in pursuit of remorting to a dreadlord. I would like to propose that all male channelers be offered the choice of a class change after gentling to either a hunter or warrior, and offered prerolled stats. This would allow characters to retain their name, rents, equipment, and (I believe??) their age and trophy. I believe this would give an option for genuine longevity of a character with an interesting role play background without worrying about balance in the game or having to create an entire clan or new path for the class to move forward.

Thoughts? Is this even a possibility?