Bring in New and Old blood to MUD

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Elysia

Re: Bring in New and Old blood to MUD

Post by Elysia » Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:11 am

Stonl wrote:Who is super tied down to the current leveling system?
Flash is. He's against permanent 2x too.

Given the con you have, for long term playability, you're probably better off sacrificing those levels. You won't have to delete I think, just delevel to 3 and tell guardian prerolledstats. If you keep hitting saplings until level 11-12 you should get those levels back in about an hour or so?

langois

Post by langois » Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:23 am

My zmud is broken. That + the current state of the mud is why I don't play

Sarryn

Post by Sarryn » Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:20 am

Petra being one of those people who dislike me greatly. I find it of little surprise you try to downplay it. I do not think highly of myself or think I'm more important then I am. If you know me at all, which you certainly do not because we don't coexist well. You would know I don't think I'm important or special. But I do know when I'm being singled out for "ooc reasons". If it was about skill or whatever a clan in essence wouldn't have a problem with me. I'm a loaner who only talks in pk 95% of the time, I don't do anything stupid on my clanned chars. (Unless you go back like 10 years ago when I was what 15 or so? heh)

But your of course right because your the cool kid eh. I just make up fantasies. I've been told straight up multiple times that I got denied for who I am lol. There are people in this game that are very childish and hold vendettas. Those are generally the upper echelon of the mud with masters or high classs players. So whatever you say Petra must be right though. Because I just go around making up stuff because I'm a liar and don't know anything. There's 0 reason to deny me access to my previous clans. I did nothing wrong on any character I deleted, period.

No there's no illuminati or whatever you want to call it. There are certain players that have high ranking people in all the good clans. They do tend to be tyrants in the sense of the word. They let in there friends and keep out people they don't like. If you don't think that's true then I find that quite hilarious. I'm not trying to make this about myself. I was just relating to a point by explaining some experience I've had in this game. Yes it is putting some people on blast. But they deserve to be honestly heh. I find it really odd that people who don't know me think I'm this egotistical ass. I personally think I suck at this game. I'm not the worst but nowhere near the best. There's quite a few players on this game that have a great big ol ego. And there attitude is to say the least sad.

Davor

Post by Davor » Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:35 am

I don't agree with most of your post other than your probably right, there are a lot of players that don't like you. It's not even possible to have a tyrant in any clan now. The way the voting system works now everyone gets 1 vote. Every clan has such a mix of shitty PKers and good PKers, RPers and pure PKers. Sure 1 person can influence other people's voting but thats true of every clan and everything in life. If people are influenced more easily thats probably because the reasons to keep you out are more truth rather than opinion. You need some self-awareness.

Your experience of the game is vastly different from 99% of the MUD. Some people just work harder than others to get things done, some people feel they deserve it for whatever reasons.

Like Petra said, when the right people are on, I have just as much fun today as I did 10 years ago.

Sarryn

Post by Sarryn » Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:28 pm

Work harder then others? Deserve it lol? I think I waited like 3 months for Javier when I got clanned. Yes months of waiting to be clanned...on a text based game... I've never acted like I deserved it, lol. I've never had anything given to me on this game unlike others. Anything I've done I've had to "work hard" for. Totally silly comment.

You specific old players can defend each other all you want. The fact remains that wotmud is and has been pretty shoddily run when it comes to clanning. Anyways I'm done here, there's no point beating a dead horse. You guys are always right :)

Paj

Post by Paj » Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:47 pm

Some people enjoy the grind of xp. That's good for them, but my opinion is it is not how we want to bring new people to the mud.

the experience grind is time out of your life. Do you want to look back and see "I spent 500 hours of my year grinding XP so I could have such and such level in order to PK/Smob better?"

Or look back and see "I spent less than half the time grinding than i did actually PKing, becuase re-leveling isn't so time-consuming. Over-all I would say I had fun."

It takes a day or three (rough rapid estimate on grind) to get level 30, then a week (or a day or two if grinding hard) to get level 51, then one hour to lose 4 levels, and then a few more days to regain level 51.

And to those that say "51 isn't required to PK/smob/etc." It is the same as saying a vehicle is not required to get a job (in the majority of american populations). For some small populations and communities this is true, for the vast majority it is false.

I understand perma-2x has been vetoed by the president. But please don't keep brushing off the player's (who don't play more than 1-2 hours a day or more than 10 hours a week) concern and frustration on this issue as well as the effect it has on new-comers.

------------------------------------------------------------------

On clans, there aren't enough consistent playing people who consistently play alts to to make informative decisions on clanning a player.

And that said I throw out my usual spiel, Saldaean Cavalry is openly recruiting (not squireing, not apprenticeing, not serving an interim unclanned period) to anyone wanting to make something of themselves in the borderlands. Have fun, not boredom and frustration.

Astolfo

Post by Astolfo » Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:07 pm

Davor wrote:I
Like Petra said, when the right people are on, I have just as much fun today as I did 10 years ago.
I am so honored!

Razhak

Post by Razhak » Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:31 pm

Illuminati on this mud? There is croniism, favoritsm and other 'tisms here

But not a great conspiracy. If there was.. how would you explain Razhak being a Chosen master???

Petra

Post by Petra » Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:03 pm

Razhak wrote:But not a great conspiracy. If there was.. how would you explain Razhak being a Chosen master???
Spam scalping :)?

Choen

Post by Choen » Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:52 pm

Oh lawd. Sarryn would fit right in on SS with dat victim speel.