Courage?

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Smoker

Courage?

Post by Smoker » Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:46 pm

You know, some of you who've gotten no less than 100 qps off my head lately are gonna have to start hitting outside of mobs cause I'm not going to keep feeding you forever. Seems lately lots of people real tough when surrounded by mobs but not so tough straight up or when it's their turn to hit unless an Abser is low then they target and split once they get their head. That doesn't make for fun pk guys... I'm happy you all wanna master but I'd like to have some fun too. Maybe take some chances while I'm constantly rolling bashes on you at mobs.

Foil

Re: Courage?

Post by Foil » Thu Nov 16, 2023 6:53 pm

As one friend to another, I mean this in the best possible way.

Take a break.

Mhaliah

Post by Mhaliah » Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:03 pm

Come PK me in Andor. I am not a high risk taker, but if you win the rewards are usually very nice!

Prykor

Post by Prykor » Fri Nov 17, 2023 1:08 pm

Smoker wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:46 pm
You know, some of you who've gotten no less than 100 qps off my head lately are gonna have to start hitting outside of mobs cause I'm not going to keep feeding you forever.
Better to make them work for it, and make THEM risk things. Run to mobs sooner, head back north and hit scouts when they want to take a fairly even 1v1 to dusty mobs when it feels like you will be easily vultured, etc.
If you allow them the options of "either we get away or we get a kill" type of pk vice "gotta risk it for the biscuit" pk, then they will take advantage of that.

Especially once people learn people put you into the "they really want pk, so even though we have an advantage, we will head to our mob support and wait for them to it to better guarantee a kill". There are a fair number that will take advantage of those habits.

In short -- don't reward bad behavior, and "fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me".

Dixon

Post by Dixon » Fri Nov 17, 2023 1:18 pm

I am the poster child for always being the one taking the risks it feels like sometimes. My biggest gripe is when people run straight to a patty instead of using smaller mobs. Especially in 1v1 or 2v2 scenarios where the patty is either a death sentence for other side or a stalemate inducing time out for everyone to heal. The second part wouldn't be so bad except once the person gets low again, they go right back to the patty. I had to learn the hard way that most people will not play the game the way you do or want them to. I enjoy high risk pk to the point where I die way more then I should. I forget who I was talking to, but I told them that I feel like the pk doesn't really start until someone is batt or lower. The first 200 hps are just people throwing bashes at each other, the 2nd half of the hps is when the game really starts.

If you find yourself not having fun when fighting certain people, then just leave and don't give in to them. That took me a long time to learn as well. Instead of being frustrated and doing dumb things or being annoying, just leave.