Playing at work.

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Divina

Playing at work.

Post by Divina » Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:22 pm

Just read Lykans log in Fail and Medina's response about was afk while playing at work. This is not directed at her or anyone at all.

Just curious to everyone who plays at work. Shouldn't you people actually be working at work, not playing at work :P

toribio

Re: Playing at work.

Post by toribio » Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:18 am

I play from work. Often times over the lunch hour. Sometimes while I am waiting on a process to finish.

Still doesn't stop people from coming to my desk from time to time to surprise me.

Kordin

Post by Kordin » Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:00 am

toribio wrote:I play from work. Often times over the lunch hour. Sometimes while I am waiting on a process to finish.

Still doesn't stop people from coming to my desk from time to time to surprise me.
Same.

Paj

Post by Paj » Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:09 am

On a train, on a plane,
In the can, neighbor's LAN,
From afar, in a car,
I would mud ever so,
until I was taken low.

medina

Post by medina » Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:23 am

I play from work when I have some dead-time on my hand. For example when I start running an experiment which I only need half an eye on or got some data-analysis running on the other screen.

Thankfully my office is set up so that screens doesn't show to anyone... But yeah, Divina, technically I should be working at work ;)

Aira

Post by Aira » Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:26 pm

I used to play at work when the workload dropped dramatically and despite having a 40 hour work week, there was only work for about 20 hours. Yet they needed me to be there to answer the phone, sort out the fax and let people in. In the end I didn't do much more than statting, the javaclient isn't all that hot for playing.

Graeme

Post by Graeme » Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:00 pm

Divina wrote:Just read Lykans log in Fail and Medina's response about was afk while playing at work. This is not directed at her or anyone at all.

Just curious to everyone who plays at work. Shouldn't you people actually be working at work, not playing at work :P
I know your profession, and I -know- there's alotttt of downtime. Don't be jealous!

ecthus

Post by ecthus » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:49 pm

Good news, suckers. Figured out today how to connect from my campus computer.

Divina

Post by Divina » Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:58 am

if you guys can connect on the port for the mud through your corporate firewalls then I don't want to know what other egress capabilities you have... errr vulnerabilities. Security Nightmare 101.

Alison

Post by Alison » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:03 am

Multi tasking. I can mud from my cellphone.

pk is a killer though.

Other than that sometimes it's fun just to be logged in and listen.