last call

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Loret

last call

Post by Loret » Fri Oct 20, 2023 3:30 pm

I started here in my middle school years. I'm turning 35 in a few months. I remember writing out my pine javs stab pracs by hand on notebook paper in school. I can still remember vayus giving me a claymore back when they were pretty legit weapons. He showed me how to practice long blades and I ended up running off the twerps in the neighborhood that I started playing with whose idea of a good time was to chase me around caemlyn and kill me hehe. I killed both of them probably 10 times each once I got gear and practiced, we were like level 10's haha. Had friends from school come and go, played darkside a bit across a few alts but, never really fit in. Always wound up back on lightside. First clanned char was a thiefbane, loved that alt. Clanned the same day as our boy Rico (he was the golden child for sure). I remember when I was told to come to baerlon to clan I thought they were plotting to murder me, the game was different back then (completely possible scenario at the time).

Lost my first shocklance in corral gate on lugard road. Since then I've probably doored 10+ people in that door so I'd say it was a good investment. Same with bushes. I remember how good seanchan were at grouping, and running aimlessly multiple zones away at a time. I built Zeek and enjoyed playing him a lot, ended up a man on an island, literally sometimes. Built Loret and that was like zeek 2.0 with more guided purpose. I enjoyed it, but I also played alone for a majority of my char's life span. I did enjoy learning the ins and outs of fighting channelers, a lot. I had some lofty goals that I have officially let go of as of the last few weeks. I always wanted a Kin or a Wolf Brother but, I just never really fit into that crowd, never cracked the code. I will be forever envious of those that have in the past, I always thought really fondly of guys like Langois over the years and Jackson in the past couple of years. Langois made me want to learn to stab and I remember dueling him outside of the west gate of Caemlyn when I was pretty new, probably a year in. I landed a stab on him and thought I was hot dung and he even told me I did good :lol: Jackson was just fun to play with around the time they really started wearing abs and playing different styles. I always thought that spoke volumes about the guys who transitioned from stab to abs or combo and still managed to kill at a high level and survive.

Too many fun things to recall, so many interesting, quirky, terrible, incredible people over the years. Just way too many to list or even try and remember. I almost ran out of gas around 100 qps tnr on Loret and said to myself if I could just get to master I will have mastered my first pk char and then I'd see how I felt. I feel grateful that I did it but, I don't feel a strong pull to come back after a lengthy vacation in spain with the wife. I hope you guys stick around and play until the end of time but, I think I'm going to meander off into the real world and be old now hehe. We had a great run. Thanks for those that helped a long the way, I appreciate those that didn't treat the game like real life, and I admire those that did because it was quite the time investment for a lot of us. No hard feelings, just paid my tab, and I'm out the door ;) I could leave a laundry list of reasons of what I'd change or what I like/don't like but, it doesn't matter anymore. It never did. It all worked out fine in the end. Shout out to the staff, shout out to the pker's, to the fades, the gaidin, the secret clans, the not secret clans, the seanchans, everybody. Anyone that made an appearance. It's not goodbye, it's just see you later?

Loret, Plando, Stela, and more.
Last edited by Loret on Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Prykor

Re: last call

Post by Prykor » Fri Oct 20, 2023 4:38 pm

Loret wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 3:30 pm
I almost ran out of gas around 100 qps tnr on Loret and said to myself if I could just get to master I will have mastered my first pk char and then I'd see how I felt.
It's good to take breaks every now and again, don't burn yourself out too badly! You gotta enjoy the journey with these sort of things.

Master bonuses aren't nearly what they used to be, but the R7 mob does a lot to help with many of the solo activities... Though I think COL got those early.

Sarinda

Post by Sarinda » Fri Oct 20, 2023 8:02 pm

I have had fun getting to know you and chatting with you in game and out of game on Discord! Hope you had a lovely vacation in Spain (jealous) and that you enjoy other hobbies for now.

I took a break in 2013 and thought I had “kicked the habit” until the WoT show came out and I found myself feeling nostalgic for this game, and although it’s smaller now, I think I’m having even more fun now on some alts.

All this to say that it is hopefully less “goodbye” and more “see you later” some day down the road!

The Light illumine you, and keep you safe until your journey’s end.

Revescaal

Post by Revescaal » Sat Oct 21, 2023 9:03 pm

I'm a little hurt you didn't list running me down on Tear road as one of your greatest memories.

Take care!

Mhaliah

Post by Mhaliah » Sun Oct 22, 2023 8:20 am

You bastard! Only cause you are younger than me and yet better! Peace man. Come see me in at The Queen's Blessing for a mug of ale anytime.

Loret

Post by Loret » Mon Oct 23, 2023 10:05 am

Revescaal wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2023 9:03 pm
I'm a little hurt you didn't list running me down on Tear road as one of your greatest memories.

Take care!
on Zeek or Loret? If it was Zeek, that was an aha moment for me where I realized I be a functional chaser for the first time in my career and then I tried to get better at that moving forward. :D

Chloro

Post by Chloro » Sun Oct 29, 2023 12:49 pm

Your banter over Narr will be missed. Hurry back!