Unequipped High Level Mobs

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Feneon

Unequipped High Level Mobs

Post by Feneon » Sun Oct 15, 2023 11:35 am

It's possible that we can help dodge out in certain situations by adding weapons to mobs that regularly frag dodge setups.

There's also a wide variety of mob weapons out there, and it may be that we can make slight adjustments to their damage in a way that would positively benefit the game without being a big adjustment.

For instance, looking at Fal Dara, I've put a cudgel on the innkeeper and a walking staff on the banker.

Feel free to suggest minor adjustments to mob kits and point out where there are high-level mobs that might not have weapons.

Prykor

Re: Unequipped High Level Mobs

Post by Prykor » Sun Oct 15, 2023 1:40 pm

In my humble opinion, the innkeepers are a terrible choice for that.

Folks checking rent inventory lists and fiddling with finding the thing in their pack to store, or waiting out a no-quit timer are already very easy targets for stab -- if stab is "too hard" I recommend removing some of the hard-hide and no-hide rooms in PK areas vice making it easier to kill unsuspecting folks.

Those mobs should definitely be on the "I smack dodgers" list.

I would suggest that instead of "low OB low damage" options to prevent dodgers from getting hit outside of the situation where they are buffing 4 mobs at max engage, look into "high OB low damage" options so that dodgers are not immune to damage outside of getting sat or at max engage. Mobs that can reliably hit them (though in the hard to very hard range perhaps) every round for some consistency vice "miss miss miss miss FRAG->dead" would make playing with and against dodge a better experience. The merchant guards (different from city guards) would be good recommendations for this sort of thing.