Shops - an incomplete idea - giving them purpose?

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Ylsa

Re: Shops - an incomplete idea - giving them purpose?

Post by Ylsa » Thu Aug 31, 2023 5:16 pm

Naerin wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:19 pm
Eh - it's a cool RP idea, but since it would probably come with a reduction in current shop stock, I think it'll be a problem longer-term. We can only really sustain a few particularly active clans at a time, so eventually we'll hit the same problem as we currently have with LMH and affable brokers - where those systems are frequently out of stock of the items people really want due to a lack of activity in the respective clans.

Speaking of LMH, I'd disagree with the 'glut of available equipment' thing - I think there's a glut of either overpriced or relatively common stuff (basics, tier 2 trinks like kneckies/kcuffs, non-top-tier weapons), but the in-demand items are frequently gone - sungwood/bladed feather staves, eaxes last I checked, gchains/sid/mantle/jcuff/gring/sungwoods. Jade rings would be out of stock if they were sellable in LMH too.
Hey! I've been doing my best to supply pretty much everything on your list!!!

Perhaps we should consider allowing two or three stubs turned in per boot :-) -em looks totally innocent-

Harker

Re: Shops - an incomplete idea - giving them purpose?

Post by Harker » Thu Aug 31, 2023 7:11 pm

I too had been stocking all of this stuff for a little while until I burned out on it. Lmh has quite a few problems but overall I like it. The biggest problem is not knowing how much stuff is in stock. Some stuff has been stocked for years and probably won't get sold out anytime soon actually the majority of things people might want to regear without spending a lot of gold are full to the gills. Another problem I'm having specifically is I'm losing out on at least one Quest point maybe two I'm not sure the breakdown every time I sell a m c cape. It lists for 700 gold but you only get paid out for 500 gold. I've taken at least two week breaks and sold them as my only item that is anywhere near 500 to 700 gold. Every time I only get awarded for 500 gold. It would be pretty neat if there were other places that were Market like but you had to pay a fee to sell your items. That would stop some people from just loading it up.