Darkfriend Woes

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
seth

Re: Darkfriend Woes

Post by seth » Mon Aug 14, 2023 1:33 pm

Please excuse the no-name account as I wish to keep my darkfriend secret as I intend to open him back as a darkfriend whenever we get impartial immortals. I dont know your particular situation but I also noticed that all the known darkfriends that were not personal friends with the immortals got screwed over as well. Mine was over 450 aqps with the items in rent that would have put him past the 500 limit (500 aqps was the cutoff from when all other unknown darkfriends got t keep their darkfriend status except for you, everyone under 500 also got the 9:1 aqps to real quest point conversion that is so useless on an MC).

It hurts to see all the people the imms favored get completed, while I only missed out for two reasons: 1) my organization is not that great so I would save all my items to turn all of a similar one in at the same time. If I had just turned in as I got them I would have been past their arbitrary benchmark. and 2) my progress was slowed because I ACTUALLY kept it a secret. I personally knew each and every one of the darkfriends status before they became known but not even my closest friends knew mine was even played by me, and i highly doubt anyone suspected my character of being a darkfriend. If I had asked people for help with "clan quests" or "pardon quests" like all of my alts were asked to help with I would have finished it much sooner than anyone else, but I was very careful not to even leave tracks on any of the assignments .

Elysia

Re: Darkfriend Woes

Post by Elysia » Mon Aug 14, 2023 1:41 pm

The reason Talimar was offered something else because the player has a long history of doing abysmally stupid things to advance their darkfriend, where crossrace multiplay to complete a pardon quest was the least serious of their offenses.

The Known Darkfriends that were allowed to advance did not have such baggage and it felt unfair to let a character with such a shady past take a shortcut to a remort, compared to the players who did stick to the straight and narrow.

The character was offered the conversion and a rename to become unknown again and partake in the future darkfriend system, when that gets implemented. No, I can't give you a timeline on that, that's someone else's thing.

I'm going to lock this thread, as nothing good is ever going to come from this.