idea for adding illustrations to the game

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Venum

idea for adding illustrations to the game

Post by Venum » Tue Jul 25, 2023 12:38 pm

hey yall,

i am a software developer, but i do more front end stuff. i was trying to think of some cool scripts i could make for mudlet. one that occured to me: having a graphic designer (or possible ai, if we can find a good engine) make illustrations of each cell of the mud, based off of the descriptions of the room. the room descriptions are very good and unique, and we could literally illustrate Randland. i could make a script that would load the image of the cell you are in when you enter it. so you could SEE wagon bridge as you are spamming around. that would be really cool.

anyways, the way we could make this happen is if we started a gofundme or like one of those pool your money things, and we could raise like $500, and i could go on fiverr and find some good graphic designers who would want to take on this challenge. and we could start with Fal Dara and Emonds Field, and just see how it comes out.

sound interesting?

Rhys

Re: idea for adding illustrations to the game

Post by Rhys » Thu Jul 27, 2023 3:51 pm

I'd be curious to see a test concept

Loret

Re: idea for adding illustrations to the game

Post by Loret » Thu Aug 03, 2023 10:01 am

I think you'd need a way to make it not flicker when you're flying through zones. Or maybe just do major cities/landmarks?