Season 2 trailer

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
isabel

Season 2 trailer

Post by isabel » Thu Jul 20, 2023 12:09 am

Thoughts???

Benito

Re: Season 2 trailer

Post by Benito » Thu Jul 20, 2023 4:39 pm

Looks like, as usual, channies and dodge are going to be overtuned while abs bash is just there for fodder. (Also lol at Rand being perma-armored.) Unclear why Perrin was able to get into WB over more qualified candidates, but I guess you gotta know the right people. Mat clearly traded and probably smobbed his way onto tav list.

Aira

Post by Aira » Thu Jul 20, 2023 7:58 pm

Each of the flows looks different, as if the amount of skill is reflected in them. Look at how different Ishy's are, vs damane vs Rand vs Egwene. It's like minimalist/ modern vs uniform vs wild and wreathing vs flowy.

Saw more than a few hints towards Cairhien, including Selene's dress design. They had a bit of a tie dye for Moiraine going on previously and I see some of that style in Selene. Who knows. Same with Rand in the blue outfit.

The Seanchan look for lack of a better word... alien. Like an alien civilization.

Nynaeve's clearly going to have her Accepted test. Children are going to charge.

Most notable, I think all the trailer shows is book 2 stuff... but that would be in line with the previous season's trailer mostly showing things from ep 1-5.

Dartes

Post by Dartes » Thu Jul 20, 2023 11:22 pm

Trailer makes it look potentially better than the first season (lowish bar), but I'll keep expectations low and will probably watch it regardless, because it's WoT.

It did remind me of this trailer I saw:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KAOdjqyG3 ... 9vZg%3D%3D

rebecca

Post by rebecca » Fri Jul 21, 2023 12:06 am

I can't bring myself to watch another season. Not after watching much better shows on Netflix. Alchemy of Souls and Love Between Fairy and Devil, these shows are better in every single way, and they somehow look a million times better than WoT even though they probably only had half the budget.

Trailer does look a bit better than first season, but still a no from me.

Kryyg

Post by Kryyg » Fri Jul 21, 2023 9:53 pm

Looks terrible.

Will watch anyways.

Sanguine

Post by Sanguine » Sat Jul 22, 2023 12:51 am

Kryyg wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2023 9:53 pm
Looks terrible.

Will watch anyways.
Yeah I don't get the folks who say they won't watch. Yeah. Right.

Ominas

Post by Ominas » Sat Jul 22, 2023 1:56 am

rebecca wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2023 12:06 am
I can't bring myself to watch another season. Not after watching much better shows on Netflix. Alchemy of Souls and Love Between Fairy and Devil, these shows are better in every single way, and they somehow look a million times better than WoT even though they probably only had half the budget.

Trailer does look a bit better than first season, but still a no from me.
Half Bad: The bastard son and the devil himself was solid as well if you’ve read those. Didn’t really follow the books but I enjoyed it

Watched like two episodes of the WoT show. I couldn’t handle more sadly.

Asandra

Post by Asandra » Sat Jul 22, 2023 8:03 am

Kryyg wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2023 9:53 pm
Looks terrible.

Will watch anyways.

Chloro

Post by Chloro » Sat Jul 22, 2023 9:36 am

To be honest, considering the amount of stuff that happens in Wheel of time (mind talking), I am surprised they did that good of a job with season one. It was a bit slow after winters night but I feel it really picked up episode 4. Just like how the first half of eye of the world was slow. They are using a lot more than I thought they would. The fact that we are going to learn to see flows as Egewene does has some real thought behind it. I am also liking the coordinated Damane weaving. I think this season will be far better now that the foundation has been put in place. Though to be honest, how much can you fit into 8 episodes, I miss when the hour long shows use to run for 15-18 episodes.