Inverting weaves.... new weaves... angreal both sa and ter

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
livendros

Inverting weaves.... new weaves... angreal both sa and ter

Post by livendros » Mon Jun 12, 2023 5:38 pm

https://wot.fandom.com/wiki/Inverting

Do you think anything can be done with this? I think it would be really interesting and would give the MC a little bit more anonymity kind of. I think some new weaves might breathe a little more life into the game as well maybe two or three more? Maybe rework a couple of them that are already in the game and make them useful.

I also feel like we could have a way to recharge select angreal maybe introduce a sa'angreal and make it rare. At the very least maybe be able to see how many charges are left?

Also there's a thing called a well from the books those would be cool to have introduced basically a pocket of spell points.

And lastly I know a lot more can be done with ter'angreal I'm a big picture guy not a details guy though! It would also help actually create a Contraband Market better than we have now.

Anyway I'm just bored at work and thinking out loud and subjecting you all to it.

livendros

Re: Inverting weaves.... new weaves... angreal both sa and ter

Post by livendros » Wed Jun 14, 2023 4:14 pm

Those are some sweet ideas liv have you been bored at work and found anything else? As a matter of fact i did see something that would be awesome.

This is quoted from The Wheel of Time Wikipedia.

There are many different types of wards created specifically for certain things. Some standard wards are the ones used to keep rats and vermin from approaching within a certain amount of space, such as those that surround Tar Valon.

Basically make it something like armor and make it so rats and Ravens can't follow you. They could still report if you don't kill them fast enough. Because let's face it some of these zones are out of hand on how many Shadow eyes there are. And with at least two more Clans getting access to this it becomes a big headache especially if you try to be stealthy at all.

Elysia

Post by Elysia » Wed Jun 14, 2023 7:51 pm

livendros wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2023 4:14 pm
Because let's face it some of these zones are out of hand on how many Shadow eyes there are. And with at least two more Clans getting access to this it becomes a big headache especially if you try to be stealthy at all.
If you find a zone that has shadoweyes that are waaaay out of whack, please post on Bugs or mail Staff. We've been trying to address madly stacking mobs, including shadoweyes, but it's slow going because we only tend to notice this when we're playing. And even then, we aren't going on one instance, because that could be chance.

Chloro

Post by Chloro » Sat Jun 17, 2023 12:16 am

livendros wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2023 5:38 pm

Do you think anything can be done with this? I think it would be really interesting and would give the MC a little bit more anonymity kind of. I think some new weaves might breathe a little more life into the game as well maybe two or three more? Maybe rework a couple of them that are already in the game and make them useful.

I also feel like we could have a way to recharge select angreal maybe introduce a sa'angreal and make it rare. At the very least maybe be able to see how many charges are left?

Also there's a thing called a well from the books those would be cool to have introduced basically a pocket of spell points.

And lastly I know a lot more can be done with ter'angreal I'm a big picture guy not a details guy though! It would also help actually create a Contraband Market better than we have now.

Anyway I'm just bored at work and thinking out loud and subjecting you all to it.
A good first step, if any Imm wants to take it on, is implementing a the ability to link. It would mostly be for FC's based on book lore and should be restricted to those rank 5 or above to initiate/hold a link. I think it would be an interesting turn for pk on both sides. Links on light side would be restricted to 12 Fc's, however DS get the upper hand as they would not have issue adding males in to take a circle above 12. For the game though I think it we be best if it was cut down to 3 allowed per link. The holder, and 2 others as conduits, with over channel rules still applied. Imagine the comedy of 3 channelers Incinerating themselves for drawing to much.... I do not think weave inversion will make it to the mud, nor should it. You can only sense someone channeling then see the final effect, you don't see the flows being woven, so we already have partial inversion?

livendros

Post by livendros » Sat Jun 17, 2023 2:30 pm

Chloro wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2023 12:16 am
livendros wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2023 5:38 pm

A good first step, if any Imm wants to take it on, is implementing a the ability to link. It would mostly be for FC's based on book lore and should be restricted to those rank 5 or above to initiate/hold a link. I think it would be an interesting turn for pk on both sides. Links on light side would be restricted to 12 Fc's, however DS get the upper hand as they would not have issue adding males in to take a circle above 12. For the game though I think it we be best if it was cut down to 3 allowed per link. The holder, and 2 others as conduits, with over channel rules still applied. Imagine the comedy of 3 channelers Incinerating themselves for drawing to much.... I do not think weave inversion will make it to the mud, nor should it. You can only sense someone channeling then see the final effect, you don't see the flows being woven, so we already have partial inversion?
Yes linking would be cool and its a bjg part of the books. I was thinking of inverting weaves being more like... hiding the caster or suppressing the call back like uhh how contagion used to be and how stuff like blind and gate are. Of course a damage weave will engage bur there are instances where it could be useful at least i think so.