can we change mob lead back? it sucks now

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Venum

can we change mob lead back? it sucks now

Post by Venum » Sat Apr 22, 2023 5:08 pm

Mob lead changes suck. You can't spam with them, they don't even assist you. look at this pleb just sitting there:

a s
o HP:Critical MV:Weary >
[scan ]
*Kathos* is standing here.
A watchful Dha'vol trolloc is sitting here.

o HP:Critical MV:Weary >
a s
A Ghar'ghael trolloc has arrived from the east.
[scan ]
*Kathos* is standing here.
A watchful Dha'vol trolloc scouts his surroundings here.

He doesn't even aggro a human in his room!! this is less than useless.

Please bring old mob lead back. it was one of the main perks of becoming a master. Now mobs suck in pk

Dixon

Re: can we change mob lead back? it sucks now

Post by Dixon » Sat Apr 22, 2023 6:37 pm

they suck outside of pk also. It's almost a 100% guarantee that my mob dies if I try to smob with it even with it in full abs. Only thing its good for is extra damage and to maybe buff 2 mobs before it dies. Having it sit for aggro pulse also.

livendros

Post by livendros » Sun Apr 23, 2023 3:37 pm

I would rather them be mostly useless in pk but outside of pk be a LOT better. Dunno how to do so but as they are now they are a huge turn off.

Sorvitor

Post by Sorvitor » Mon Apr 24, 2023 7:33 am

No, they’re perfect now.

People became way too proficient with them and they were miserable to pk against.

Carter

Post by Carter » Mon Apr 24, 2023 8:22 am

The "stun" pulse when you try to give it a command is a bit ridiculous.
I ran a "rem all, drop all" command and started worrying about getting stabbed before I was unfrozen.

Revescaal

Post by Revescaal » Mon Apr 24, 2023 6:57 pm

The main problem with the old mob lead was DS mobs loading all over the map. (To a lesser extent, Lancer mobs.) That was bad in PK zones, particularly when there were multiple fades and masters in the same PK.

I don't like the new ones, just because I don't like the mechanics of spawning mobs on command, and I don't like the mechanic of getting something for nothing.

The ideal balance for me would be the old mobs, but only allow moblead from a clan's home zone, with QP loss on death.

Rig

Post by Rig » Tue Apr 25, 2023 12:19 am

^

I should be able to lead ramshorned from TKD smh

Gretchen

Post by Gretchen » Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:16 am

bring back old mobs but ban mob lead in pk

Masaj

Post by Masaj » Wed Apr 26, 2023 10:07 am

Think old leadable mobs were way too strong and the fancier triggers and scripting got, the more and more absurd they became. That being said, these leadable mobs suck.

1. Remove the stun lag on commands.
2. Make them cost 3 qps to issue, flat.
3. Load them with no loot/no remove x % absorption, YdZ dice weapon.

Simple. If you want to spend QPs to issue a mob that you have the flexibility to order around, buff for you, etc. but isn't going to be your 82% abs crutch with an attacking weapon, go for it. If it's not worth that to you, then don't issue it.

There aren't enough QP sinks for masters and issuing a mob should be one of them. Masters shouldn't be crying about stuff they want to opt into using costing QPs.

Venum

Post by Venum » Wed Apr 26, 2023 2:06 pm

Agree with Revescaal. It is too much of an advantage to just keep leading more and more mobs in a pk zone, only being able to lead a mob from your home zone, and if it dies outside the home zone, you get docked 3 qps.

But I liked being able to equip and lead a mob in pk. It allows me to fight 1v2 or even 1v3. Why shouldn't masters have an advantage in pk? Remorts get HUGE advantages, why shouldn't masters get some, other than master damage?