new player event

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
werf

Re: new player event

Post by werf » Mon Apr 17, 2023 10:08 am

Alright I'm going to wrap this up. I'm going to be honest I think two people offered to really get involved, so this is going to be a pretty minor volunteer effort, but an effort none the less. Hopefully it inspires more people to get involved the next time as we'll need everyone's help to grow and make the mud what we want. It won't help you get into secret clans or bring back zerk attack but, it'll make the game more fun with new blood.

Reddit groups - I'm going to pick wheel of time/mud/tabletop game subreddits and try and mention the game, why it's fun, and what's in it for new players (adventure, pvp, pve, char progression)

- /r/MUD - For all your online text-based adventuring needs! (obvious)
- FreeGameFindings (obvious)
- Wheel of Time (obvious)
- r/patientgamers (old school gamers)
- Tabletop RPGs (obvious)
- r/makeyourchoice (choose your own adventure)

there's a boardgame and table top store called The Green Dragon in my town, so I'm going to reach out and organize something there. It would be cool to host a stat & adventure night but, I'll just start small since I'm a one man band in town and see if I can't get some flyers made up and post. The Green Dragon's site is here: https://www.thegreendragononline.com/

I guess I can start here and see how it goes. I'll keep everyone updated here.