Unlocking in-game Achievements Suggestion

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Melat

Unlocking in-game Achievements Suggestion

Post by Melat » Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:58 pm

I hope this is the right thread for suggestions...
But as I was thinking about the roleplay "player achievement" thread, I wonder what you all think about "player achievements" as in:

1. Measuring log in time (different tiers)
2. Eating only veggies on your char for X amount of time
3. Traveling X many zones in X amount of time
4. Killing unusual creatures (Like a fat mushroom)
5. Find X amount of hidden doors
6. Kill Butcher X amount of meat
7. Kill X amount of DS, LS, or SS
8. Wear an usual piece of armor/clothing (Tacky Dresser achievement)
9 ...

etc.

Just a little thing instead of saying "you've gained a level" it's more like "you've gained an achievement!" And can type 'achievement' to view, just like the trophy list. Names of the achievements can be like "Butcher Frenzy achievement" or "Rare Hunter achievement". etc.

It's just something to spark more adventuring. Yes, no?

Paj

Re: Unlocking in-game Achievements Suggestion

Post by Paj » Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:14 pm

10 years ago, maybe. Doubt it even then.

Too little gain for too few people.

Too much work for too few people.

UnWoTish.

rixie

Post by rixie » Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:06 pm

The idea is very WoWish and I don't think that would fit here. I admit I like unlocking achements in WoW on my Lock though I strongly preferred pvp there. This is WOT.

Melat

Post by Melat » Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:16 pm

I've never played WoW.

Perhaps It can just be "player run", and by player run, I mean some scrap paper and my imagination. That would be easier I suppose.

rixie

Post by rixie » Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:57 pm

Melat wrote:I've never played WoW.

Perhaps It can just be "player run", and by player run, I mean some scrap paper and my imagination. That would be easier I suppose.
i think we can figure out how to make this work.

for example, sub You've gained level X with You've gained level x. That's quite an achievement!

You can use scripts for achievements you care about.

For example, the player of Rixie cares about her alts player trophy. Rixie has a few rarks and a wept (pre reaver and pre dreadlord) on her trophy. She doesn't have anyone else so impressive. I would set a trigger to Wow, you killed X (x standing for some elite pk'er) if i pk'd x.

langios and kyr would be good examples for one of my trolls and on ls wept, evis, equitant are peple id want to pk as Rixie. I, the player of Rixie, have a thing about wolves and wolf brothers :P so that's gonna make ls pk intersting. :P

Razhak

Post by Razhak » Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:24 am

I've always thought that more things should be done to spice up the mud experience.

A really nice addition was the recent month change where certain smob scalps were worth qps for all 3 sides, which really spiced up the PK in certain areas.

Another good addition is the current month change of additional qps for scalps from certain areas (although i dont think this is as much spicing up as the afformentioned month change).

I also think that more end-game decisions would be nice: like remorts other then fades and dreadlords for trollocs and humans (I once wrote an extensive post on this, I will see if I can find it again).

Davian

Post by Davian » Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:41 am

I actually love this idea. The reasons for not doing so seem rather weak.

Not WoTish? Who cares? It's a game.

Too WoWish? There are tons of games that do this same thing. I mean, tons.

Too little to gain? The same could be said about 99% of the mud. Weak excuse.

Too few people that would do so? Even if you only attract one person from an implement it's still a success.

Too few people to work on it? It's not a long process. You can come up with 25 achievements in less than an hour. You can code it into the game in less than 2. One person to oversee the project and it's done in 3 hours. Another weak reason to knock the suggestion.

There's no denying the fact that the mud is struggling for numbers these days. As an overseer you need to do something to attract more people and even if it's little or may seem unimportant to alot of people it doesn't matter. Anything you can do, you do it.

This is a great idea, Melat. Keep 'em coming. The mud needs new ideas.