Boarheaded trolloc rogues

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Bumper

Re: Boarheaded trolloc rogues

Post by Bumper » Tue Jan 03, 2023 7:30 am

I statted a 17 12 9 19 19 Boar last year in around 2 hours - just lucky I guess.

Prykor

Post by Prykor » Sat Jan 07, 2023 8:00 pm

Murg wrote:
Thu Dec 29, 2022 5:17 am

Can you explain what you mean with stat caps?
there are stat caps to each stock. Most of it involves the mentals, (e.g. 14 10 to 12 12 as maximums), but some of them involve physical stats. For example, a beaked warrior caps at 19 17 19. Likewise, a bearish hunter being 20 16 17 (or something similar). With how the current stat system works, it makes those chars not worth statting. Losing a dex or a str is pretty big in terms of what options you have with the character (and on pracs), as well as how well it will fare in the current pk meta.

Also, as was mentioned earlier, the wiki is not correct with what the stat maximums are or would be. It gets a tad complicated with the stat caps being dependent on stock and class combinations, but the general advise will be to go with a ram or wolf and save yourself most of the trouble of finding out the hard way... unless you were planning on passing up on 19 18 19 or similar phys stat combinations to get the super statted mentals.

Naerin

Post by Naerin » Sat Jan 07, 2023 8:47 pm

Stat caps for homeland, stat rolls (that d100 table), and the general statting process (i.e., minimum and maximum statsums applied, if any) would be a really helpful thing that the Imms could provide, since they've tried to be more transparent about a lot of things. I know it's not anyone's favorite system, but as long as we're using it I'd like to have good information from a trusted source - having incorrect information on the wiki and not being able to easily fix it isn't a great situation when you direct people there to learn about the game.

Murg

Post by Murg » Sun Jan 08, 2023 11:05 am

Naerin wrote:
Sat Jan 07, 2023 8:47 pm
Stat caps for homeland, stat rolls (that d100 table), and the general statting process (i.e., minimum and maximum statsums applied, if any) would be a really helpful thing that the Imms could provide, since they've tried to be more transparent about a lot of things. I know it's not anyone's favorite system, but as long as we're using it I'd like to have good information from a trusted source - having incorrect information on the wiki and not being able to easily fix it isn't a great situation when you direct people there to learn about the game.
100% agree. I gave up on boarheaded after around the 800 mark and have now started a wolfish, but it's demoralising thinking that I'm missing some crucial piece of information about what the maximums are... :)

Murg

Post by Murg » Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:19 pm

Yep, wolfish was the way to go. Just got 18 11 9 19 19 after about 30 tries.

So relieved, I don't think I'm ever statting again lol.